the DA dropped my case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the DA dropped my case

the two worse days of my life was the night i got raped and today.....i found out about an hour ago that there wasnt enough evidence to convict <name removed> on aggravated rape charges....i hate him...i want him to die...i want to die...i want to go back to being the person i was 7 months ago...but that will never happen...now he can go on living his life while im the one thats going to be ****ed up for the rest of my life....i just dont know what to do anymore................

EDIT from Webmoo: Sorry Brittany. I understand your frustration but a rule here is that 'naming and shaming' is not permitted. Partly, it could get bad for someone else of the same name, and also, I have to avoid potential lawsuits!
    Last edited by webmoo; 29 June 2008, 11:05 AM. Reason: Name removed

HI Brittany

I'm so sorry to hear that the case isn't going forward. I know that the system is riddled with injustice on both sides. You are right that you will never go back to being the person you were, but you will emerge from this as a stronger person in the end. Keep strong, keep talking to your counsellor, and don't let this man's actions destroy your life. The best form of revenge is survival after all.

Even though the DA have dropped the case, this man will have the arrest and the charges on his file forever. If he does it again, you may well find that your complaint will be re-investigated. and then it will be far more likely that he will go to trial.

Keep your head high, and keep fighting.

Saffron x

Comment

It is never easy going to such a travail in life. Being abused is very difficult situation. It is as if a boiling lava is exploding within your own system. Finding a release is never easy since you are thinking of the ramifications involved.

How I wish people will fully understand of the virtue of respecting each other. I am praying for your eventual healing.

Comment

Working...
      X