Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

My sister was raped by her boyfriend but noone thinks shes telling the truth. I know she is. I've known her for 18 years and she'd never lie about something like this. He's claiming that she agreed to it but I now that theyd split up already. Hes prancing round like he owns the place.
    Last edited by webmoo; 15 December 2007, 10:05 AM. Reason: Swearing removed

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear of your sister's plight. the majority of rapes are committed by someone the victim knows. Has she been to the police? if so, they will be able to refer her to Victim Support.

there are lots of support groups for survivors of rape. You can try www.rapecrisis.org.uk which will be able to tell you of rape centres in your area. or there is www.truthaboutrape.org.uk which has an online community. Similarly there is a support group called abcvictimsbreakfree, although I am not sure of the url for it. Or she could go to her GP who will be able to refer her for counselling.

I know how dreadful it is to see someone you love suffering. You support will be of enormous importance to her. Good luck.

Saffron
    Last edited by Saffron; 19 December 2007, 10:50 AM.

Comment

your Sister..

is not the only one. i was not raped by my boyfriend but a best friend. over a year ago now.
      He just found out that i told people i trusted in order to help me get through the ordeal.
      The easiest way for a guy to get out of admitting the truth is to deny it but when that doesnt happen. They tend to go for another option. Admit to having Sex but saying you consented. Your Sister should consider going to the police. i didnt and I regret that now
      I think its to late now but maybe for your sister it isnt.
      Give her the best of luck and Make sure you tell her that no matter how many people give her griefabout her it is not her Fault. She may start to doubt whether she brought it upon her self but in most cases that is not the case.
      Also Tell her that it doesnt last forever and her trust in men will eventually be restoredi have an amazing boyfriend now who doesnt put any pressure on me. He knows all about it and has been there for support since we got together.

Joanne

Seriously It will be okay.

Comment

Working...
      X