Dear all women who have been raped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear all women who have been raped.

I know sometimes that people will not believe you. I know sometimes that the way you are treated by society may make you feel like you committed a crime. I know that you may suffer from mental illness as a result of the rape. I know this because I have been raped myself.

We can stand tall though. We can report rape to the police. We can look people in the eye who call us liars and tell them they cannot understand the pain we will face every day for the rest of our lives. We can tell people that we have been raped and we will not care if they think of us as pathetic victims or deceivers.

We will remind every person who says we're lying that rapists are very capable of lying too and have more to gain from it. We will fight for the ridiculously low conviction rate to be increased and we will challenge every person who says "most people make it up" vociferously; most people don't. We will challenge people who think of rapists as loners and point out that many are married.

We will not be victims any more.

well said i cant believe the people who automaticlly think im lying just coz i knew the bstard who raped me

Comment

Working...
    X