How to tell her i was raped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell her i was raped

Well ive taken music as an option for these exams we do in the UK but my teacher is great and everythink but i have a real problem and i dont know how to tell her. I was walking back from school 10 days ago and i had to walk through a field to get to my dads apartment. I was raped by a teen who was high. I ran home and told Kate (my dads gf) we got the police and i sorted myself out and gave a statement. Everytime i go to the lesson, she always helps us and she sits next to us and explains what to do if you dont understand. The past few lessons i have really stuggled with her being close. It happens with any adult that sits close after the rape. She doesnt know what happened and i had a lesson with her today and she pulled me over to 1 side and asked me what had happened as i had gone really quiet whenever she came over instead of my usual chatty self. I couldnt tell her and began to cry and she went to put her arm around me but i ran off. She followed me and found me yet i still couldnt tell her. Since the attack i hve had teachers asking me constantly whether im ok, anorexic(im small and a bit underweight runs in the family) or whether i have personal probs. This teacher is the 1 that i can mormally tell everything to and she treats us like adults but everything has changed now she knows something is wrong but i clam up on her whenerever she asks? How do i tell her and get back to my old chatty self. I also dont know how to start the conversation? She needs to here it from me because Kate my dads gf is a teacher at this school and im worried my music teacher will ask her what is wrong as i have had some family problems and Kate warned her about those but i dont want Kate to tell her it needs to come from me personaly. Sorry its so long xxx

I'm 30 and I am a very controlled scientific geak type. I found out a couple of months ago that the person who raped me had attacked again. I found this out at work when a customer was on site I was expected to see. I called my manager (in tears) and told her I needed to see her now because I was going home.

I'm 30 and expected to be in charge of my emotions. My manager who didn't know anything about it till I told her that day was so understanding.

I can't tell you if your teacher will be as understanding as my manager but I was at university when I was raped and I told a couple of lecturers. It helped me because there could be people who understood where I was coming from and could defend me to other lecturers if I was having a hard time.

It's up to you but telling someone in the school environment may help. They don't have to tell the rest of the school but they could help you get through a bad day. This teacher sounds like they care.

Comment

Working...
    X