Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Back and rebuilding your life

Good Morning,

I have decided to start a thread to talk about ways to deal with the depression that comes with being a victim of a sexaul assult or rape.

It happened to me on the 12th of may 2014 this year and I have just found out that I will be going to court next year. If you want to read my story I have a thread called "I need help" (http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...29-I-need-help).

I have found ways to help me deal with my emotions which help me carry on with my ever day life and I thought that it would be a good idea to share this so hopefully other people can be inspired to fight back. Please share your tips and story's.

Since I got raped 4 months ago I have been through a lot. Been depressed suicidal and I needed to do something about it.

I stopped drinking alcohol about 2 months ago. My crime was related to alcohol. I was drinking heavily again about a month after it happened which made me feel worse. So cut it out for the time being I need a clear head to help me process.

I joined a gym... I didn't expect what I have found.

Doing excersise releases happy endorphins it gives me a new focus. I have entered a 5k run in October and I am now an avid yoga goer.

I would never have gone to work out before all of this happened I was so lazy and not intrested but honestly it has given me confidence in myself again and is a postive change in my life which most I have complete control over.

I have also had a drastic hair change from brunette to blonde and treated myself to lots of new clothes.

All of this is keeping me strong and focuses.

What has worked for all of you?

Keep fighting back

Xxx
    Last edited by lawlessone2009; 5 September 2014, 08:13 PM. Reason: Add in link to thread.

I like the idea of this thread

I've found keeping myself busy is a good distraction.
    I've found that having a good support network is a must. My support is mainly online. So pleased I've got the support I have online, don't know how I'd manage without it

I do lots of walking, cycling, listening to music, reading and journalling to try and clear my head.

If I'm struggling, I try and listen to inspirational songs to try and lift my mood.

For me though, I'm not just dealing with what my ex bf did to me, but I have childhood stuff to work through as well. If my thoughts go dark, I write down my reasons not to give up. My biggest reason not to give up is hubby and my girls.

I believe we can all make it through this.

Comment

Strong women

Sometimes I am ashamed to be female because of the things they do but you two make me proud. x

Comment

This is a brilliant idea anon. You and ML are true inspirations indeed.....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I have decided to raise money for Rape Crisis of the back of this thread.

feels good to give back and I hope that by doing this I will be raising awareness and helping others.

I am by no means over it but I think if we all try to be positive and look to the good in our life's we can all rebuild ourself. Learn to love our self's again and take back what we have had stolen from us.

giving up let's our abusers win. Xxx
          Last edited by anon26; 5 September 2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Don't know if you want to reconsider including your link (you have 20 mins to edit!) as you are now no longer anonymous! The forum is open to anyone to read.

You could ask members to pm you for the link.
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks didn't think of that

Comment

Working...
              X