Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Just a short introduction as I have never posted on a forum before !
    I was a normal, happy 45 year old professional female in a loving relationship for the past 9 years. Sadly my life changed on 4th Feb 2014 when I was raped whilst drunk by my work colleague, someone I thought was my friend.
    The rape was witnessed by my 17 year old autistic daughter, and I was unable to protect her from the trauma of that. My case took 7 months to get to court, with him pleading not guilty throughout. The court date was 28th August, where he saw fit to plead guilty before we entered the court room.
    He was sentenced to 5 years with a 10 year restraining order & everyone was pleased with the result. So why do I feel so empty ? This is all over now, but I still feel very hollow & lost. My relationship has ended due to me shutting him out. My story will be in the newspapers next week & is already online. It feels like it will never end for me and I can see no light at the end of my tunnel, is this normal or am I beyond repair ? X

I am glad justice has been done for you and your daughter, may be you feel empty after getting ready for the court room battle and him waiting so long to admit wot he had done to you and your daughter.
    I wish you all the best and that you stay strong for you and your daughter and can now put this all behind you and move on, it will take time to heal wot he has done to you both but you have each other. x

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You've given quite a bit of detail and those details could very well identify you via a search engine.

If you would like some of the details edited out then feel free to let us know.

I have moved your thread as it seems more than a simple introduction and you could very well get some extra comforting words within this section.

As for what has happened. I am glad you did not have to go through the horrors of a trial on top of what has happened, at least the animal spared you that.
      Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Hi Pandora. So sorry this has happened to you and your daughter was a witness to it. It's understandable that you feel like that - justice doesn't make everything right again even if it punishes the guilty. Are you receiving counselling?

What about your daughter? How has this affected her? What were the circumstances of her being present? Did she realise what was going on? Have you managed to discuss this with her?

Comment

Hi Pandora, so sorry for what has happened to you. How you're feeling sounds normal for what you've been through.

I agree with wgo. I think that seeing a professional would help you as well. I'd recommend finding a therapist or counsellor that deals with trauma. I've found my counsellor to be very helpful and supportive.

It's good you got justice, but it doesn't take away all the emotional pain you're feeling. You're not alone in dealing with this, we will all support you as best we can.

I hope your daughter is ok.

Take good care of yourself, and be kind to yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X