Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice

Hi everyone, new here.
    Basically, last December I was sexually assaulted - not many people know and I never reported or took any steps after it.
    It's affected and still is affecting massively and I do feel I need to tell my doctor so that I can get advice or some help but I feel because it was so long ago I'm going to look silly for now only saying something or expecting help. I was also never tested afterwards and I feel that I should have.
    Can anyone give me any advice relating to any of this? I really don't know how to approach the subject with my doctor as I get to a point where I clam up and can't say the words.
    Thank you all,
    Lauren x

Hi Lauren - if you can't say it - write it down and hand it to your doctor. They are there to help you with either meds or to offer you counselling or both. I think it would be a good idea to go to a GUM clinic if needs be - they are anonymous places and if you could go with a friend then it would make it a bit easier for you.

Its never too late to report it to the police - they will take you seriously and hopefully stop this man from doing the same thing to another person.

Be kind to yourself.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Lauren, welcome to the site.

As RFLH has already said, it's never too late. Your doctor won't think you're being silly at all. They should be very sympathetic. If you find it hard to tell them, then you could write it down and hand it to your doctor. I couldn't tell my doctor either, so I handed her a note I'd written.

Well done you for accepting you need help. That's a huge step and shows that you're strong. I'm not surprised it's affecting you massively. It takes time to heal.

As has previously been said, you could go to a GUM clinic and they'd be supportive and sympathetic with you. You can take a friend with you for support.

If you decide to report it to the police, make sure you have support from family, friends and/ or a counsellor.

Here if you need to talk. if ok

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenJade View Post
        Hi everyone, new here.
        Basically, last December I was sexually assaulted - not many people know and I never reported or took any steps after it.
        It's affected and still is affecting massively and I do feel I need to tell my doctor so that I can get advice or some help but I feel because it was so long ago I'm going to look silly for now only saying something or expecting help. I was also never tested afterwards and I feel that I should have.
        Can anyone give me any advice relating to any of this? I really don't know how to approach the subject with my doctor as I get to a point where I clam up and can't say the words.
        Thank you all,
        Lauren x

Hello LaurenJade,

Welcome but I am sorry to hear what you have experienced

I am not surprised that it is affecting you still. Last December is not a long time at all to try to 'get over' such a terrible thing.

I am pleased that you want to reach out for help. Please do so, however hard that may be! I can identify totally with what you wrote. I too found it extremely hard to find the words, and I think to reiterate what has already been said, writing it down is an excellent idea. I have only recently been to the doctors this year after sexual assaults at 17 and 21 (I am 33 now) please don't let him take any more of your life. I must say that actually it certainly wasn't as bad as I feared, and I was glad that I went.

You can self-refer also to a SARC near you, check online if there one near to where you live.

I wish you all the best in your journey to healing from this awful experience

Comment

Working...
        X