New thought. Help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New thought. Help me please

Its been 30 years. I have had maybe 5 counsellors. Today it occurred to me that most therapy has been focused on getting me to accept it is not my fault. I now think that as I was 11 and there were 6 of them holding me down and raping me that I do not have difficulty with this concept. However the shaming, dirtying, violating nature of the gang rape itself, followed by my parents anger directed towards me is why I suffer. I cannot use anymore therapists advice, I have it all. Can anyone help me work through recovering from the shame please?

Originally posted by Brentt View Post
    Its been 30 years. I have had maybe 5 counsellors. Today it occurred to me that most therapy has been focused on getting me to accept it is not my fault. I now think that as I was 11 and there were 6 of them holding me down and raping me that I do not have difficulty with this concept. However the shaming, dirtying, violating nature of the gang rape itself, followed by my parents anger directed towards me is why I suffer. I cannot use anymore therapists advice, I have it all. Can anyone help me work through recovering from the shame please?
    Hello Brentt and I am so sorry to hear of your horrendous experience, I hope that you can find some comfort and sound advice on this site to help you towards your journey to healing. What you have endured is beyond comprehension my thoughts are with you and I wish you all the best. Is it possible to seek counselling with the aim of resolving the feelings of shame as opposed to focusing on not being at fault? Shame is the most debilitating of emotions so an experienced therapist should be more than able to assist you in this area

Welshgirl x

Comment

Working...
    X