Feeling deflated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling deflated

Told my line manager today that I want to tell people in my work team what happened so when it comes to me needing time off for court etc there won't be any questioning why I'm needing the time off.
    My line manager said "I don't think you are going to cope with what's coming"

Feel deflated now as I can't live my life anymore not doing anything about the rape

How on Earth does your Line manager know what you are going to cope with? has he/she walked around in your shoes or had the life experiences you've had? No - of course not...therefore s/he is not qualified in any way shape or form to say what you are capable of coping with...only YOU know that!

and if s/he thinks you're not going to cope with it - what does s/he think you are going to do instead? Curl up your toes and spend several years in a foam lined room???? Ggggggrrrrrrr. people who tell other people what they think you can or cannot cope with get right up my nose

You are taking very positive steps to help yourself to deal with the emotions that your rape has left you with and you need to believe in yourself and what you are doing. IMO your Line Manager is completely unprofessional and very unsupportive and could probably do with some major training in improving their very weak people skills................rant over

believe in yourself hon...be kind to yourself and continue on the strong healing path you have started on......MH
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thank you x x x

Comment

Working...
      X