Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anger

Hi all,

Hope you are well. I just wanted to tell you what happened the other day and wondered if any one else had experienced similar. I had a little disagreement with my husband over housework, I got so angry I started throwing things around the room, I realised that it was not my husband that I was angry with it was the rapist. I had to get out of the house so I went out in the car drove to a quiet place and screamed and shouted and called him all the names I could think of! Then broke down in tears. I have never even felt anger towards him before just me and suppressed most of my emotions only ever crying and hating myself. So I think this was a positive thing, even though it felt like I was having a break down at the time! I am not sure i feel any different now, but know that I have snapped at my kids for no reason before and feel calmer with them. Thanks for listening love to all x

Hi Poppies - this was a very therapeutic thing for you to do - you have released a lot of built up and suppressed tension which can only be good for you physiologically and mentally. Sometimes a little irritating thing (not related to what we're really angry about) can make us snap because the mind just can't store any more - I think that is possibly what happened as you have described it.
    Have you been able to talk to your husband since to explain to him what you have told us? He may be quite confused by your outburst over what to him was nothing much at all......
    The healing process can take twists and turns and lead in all sorts of directions. Sometimes it helps to understand it and sometimes we just need to accept what is happening...
    Keep strong....MH
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yes I explained it to my husband the next morning, he hadn't even noticed that I had gone out in the car! He was busy putting the kids to bed at the time, I was only gone about 10 mins. Anyway he is generally very supportive but it's no fault if his but he dosnt understand no one does exept for you guys which is why I appreciate you so much! Take care all x

Comment

Hello Poppies, yes I can totally understand where your coming from with your issues. I have been incredibly angry with my partner even violent which there is no excuse I know. Its like I take everything out on him because I know I can.
        Have also been irritable with my children for no reason, its horrible I know. At least you are expressing your anger now and you realise where it is directed. I wish you well Welshgirl x

Comment

Working...
        X