X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive News But Still Confused

Hi all,

My story can be found on this link:
    http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...Help-Me-Please!!!

I recently had my bail date extended. My bail date was a week due but the OIC had phoned me to tell that she is still waiting for the relevant information to come back and that she would have to re-bail me. She sad it would be pointless for me to attend the police station and that she would pop over to my house to sign the extended bail date.

When she arrived at my house I told her that i wanted the case to be completed as soon as possible. I told her that I've been branded a rapist and the stigma will never go, I lost my job, can't apply because I work with children, the emotion and stress it has caused upon me and my family. I told her that I want to move on with my life and that i'm the real victim here.

The OIC was very sympathetic and understood what I was going through. She said that she did believe me and that my statement whilst in custody matched the statements obtained by my family. She told me she had confirmation that I did make a call from the landline number to the non-emergency number which collaborated with the story I gave. She said the marriage was done pretty quickly and because of her immigration status it was very suspectable of the allegation she made and the timing of the allegation was odd.

The officer in charge told me she is waiting for 3 things:
    • My mobile call/text records
    • A paper copy of the non-emergency confirmation call
    • The allegation from social services which my partner made about me and my niece which she still has to follow up

Once all 3 information was gathered she would piece it together

She told me that she is hopeful that she can retrieve and gather all the evidence within a month but the latest would be the bail date which is set in 2 months time. She has told me that the case would be over within that time frame if the evidence comes back clean. She said she was going to inform my partner that she had extended my bail date and she would interview her with the evidence once it is gathered.

All though am extremely happy and relieved with what the OIC had told me, I was under the impression the CPS make the decision whether to drop or charge the case not the police? Any opinions of what you make of all this would be very welcomed.

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by accused1234; 20 August 2013, 01:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Hi,

The system is that the police collect the evidence (against you!) and the CPS analyse it to see if it is sufficient for a successful prosecution. If the evidence shows that it was impossible for the allegation to have occurred then the police would drop the case but it there is any doubt at all then the CPS will make the decision as to whether to discontinue.

Usually the OIC has some input into the outcome as they have a face-to-face meeting with the CPS lawyer when they hand over the paperwork and give a verbal opinion on the quality of the various witness's they have interviewed.

Many members have had bad experiences with their various OIC's but, like you, I had a very positive spin on my case from my [female] OIC, so I would take some confidence from what she has told you (but nothing is certain till bail is dropped!)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

That all sounds pretty positive, at least it's giving you something to be optimistic about. Let's hope the OIC keeps her word. Is there anything to stop you getting those bits of evidence? I think for the text messages, you can get in touch with your server.

All the best

Comment

Thank you for your responses,

As far as I'm aware the non-emergency letter should not be a problem for the OIC to obtain. The allegation in which my partner made about my niece I'm not sure what will come of that. All I know is that she made an allegation and the social services rang my sister to inform her that they had received an allegation and followed protocol and fpund no evidence in it. The person from social services did confirm that it was my partner that had made the allegation. As far as the phone is concerned I honestly don't know what they could possibly find to indicate I had commited that horrendous crime. My phone was a smart phone (S3). I'm hoping someone on here would be able enlighten me on how they could try to convict me of the crime through the phone.

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi Accused1234

I would imagine the police will be looking for text communication between you and your wife, so if there are texts which support you, this could be a real positive. They may also be looking at your internet activity to see if you have accessed any material which may indicate an interest in ( I don;t know how to put this delicately) rough sex.

It is worth contacting your mobile network about recovering texts, however mine were unable to do this and I had to send the handset away to a private forensics company. As the police have had your phone for a number of months I realise you are unable to do this.

Sending you best wishes and hoping this will soon all be behind you.

Frightened Spouse
          The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Thank you frighten spouse,

Well I had told in the interview the text we sent across to each other which I have no doubt they will find and verify my story. I hope they drop the case very soon. My child should have been born by now as the due date has surpassed. It depresses me that I am not able to see my child, know it's gender, get to name my child or even if it is born healthy or not.

Comment

Working...
            X