Delayed again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed again!

Hello, I've only found this forum tonight after yet another delay in trial and am wondering if the amount of time I've waited is normal?

The police contacted me going on for two years ago now (May 2011) as my aunt (father's sister) had made allegations against him (rape and indecent assault). When asked if he had ever abused me I told the truth and so it started...

I made a video statement in October 2011 and to cut a long story short, a date for trial at Crown was set for Nov 2012. Eighteen months so far...

On the Friday before the start date in November I got a call from Witness 'Care' (another long story - they don't!) notifying me of a two day delay. On the Tuesday, another two day delay and finally on the Wednesday another call "it's not going to happen until next year"...

Okay, so, coped with all this so far - Christmas sucked but I guess I shouldn't have been so optimistic about it all being over by then. New trial date set for now (March 2013)...

Two hours of waiting at the court before being told that my barrister was on holiday(!!!) and we are not starting until Wednesday (another two days)...

I'm really starting to struggle now. I know I'm fairly strong and having survived the pain and betrayal of what my father did, this should be easy but really? How much are victims expected to deal with? Even the police are starting to get frustrated now and it feels like my life has been on hold for so long. Witness 'Care' suggested I put in a complaint - not really the point and I'm not sure they realise how much they have contributed to the nightmare. The only people who seem to get it are from the SARC but they are limited in what they can do.

Anyway, any responses gratefully received - I guess knowing this is normal might help. Thanks for letting me rant and read others' rants!
    B xx

Hi and welcome to the forum. Your story must be very hard for you to cope with and to write down. It is also familiar in the length of time these take. If you read other threads on here you will sadly find so many similar..... Keep posting and others will bbe along shorlty with more help advice and support - there's plenty to be had on here....
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Not sure why I've only just seen this so sorry for not responding earlier. It is unfortunately true that delays are often common but that really doesn't help when it's your case being delayed and you're in turmoil waiting for the trial to start. How are you doing in yourself? Have you got lots of support? I hope the trial has started by now. How is it going/did it go? Whatever the outcome, know you were believed just for it to reach court.
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
      X