Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going though police process for recent historical case - any support would be nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going though police process for recent historical case - any support would be nice!

Hi there

I am a little bit daunted by all this and I really would like to meet and greet fellow survivors who may just understand how I feel. My rape case is now into swing after a full blown 7.5 hours giving a statement. It was the most tiring thing I've ever done in my life and I have had two kids!! Any thoughts or advice on getting through this time would be most appreciated as I feel so alone at times, although my husband is very supportive no one else I know has been through an ordeal like mine and finding it hard to feel comfort with people.

Still wondr every day if I was to blame, even more so after the police interview where I was interrogated about why I did not do this and that etc etc. I felt like the criminal!!!

Anyway thanks if you read.
    Last edited by RFLH; 4 March 2013, 06:59 AM. Reason: removal of link

Hi B&W and welcome to the forum.

I thought it wise to remove the link to your blog - as some of the people who read the forum aren't here for the correct purposes.

Where you have posted will give the reader a clue as to why you are here and I am so pleased that you have found the courage to put this 'man' in the hands of the police.

I have come across the scenario before here and as far as I know its still going on - despite making steps to get it stopped - she was unable to make the final step and sadly hasn't posted for quite a while, so I guess she is still going through the nightmare.

Please keep posting and I hope you are now starting to release some of the turmoil you have held onto for so long.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Congratulations on having the strength to go to the police. It may feel like the police don't believe you or are interrogating you but they need to get all the information to form a case and will be anticipating what the defence would say.

The only advice I can offer for getting through this difficult time is to talk to people (your husband, friends, online) and acknowledge that you are likely to be a bit delicate so don't beat yourself up if you are finding things more difficult than usual. Take time to look after yourself even if you think you don't deserve it or it seems self-indulgent. I ate all my favourite foods to give me comfort.
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
      X