Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sentencing

The sentencing

Even though my rapist was not found guilty with my case, there is the sentencing for the other 5 girls on Thursday. They have allowed me and my dad to go to, I just want to see him once more and find out exactly what he gets.
    The question is when I look at him should I look happy and brave and not let him think how much he has hurt me or should I look at him and show him how much he has hurt me so may be he wont do it to anyone else.
    I am having a quick meeting with the barrister after which should be interesting, I also don?t think the police will be very happy with this because they have corresponded with me all the way through. But my counsellor got in touch with her and she said she was happy answering my questions, as the police did not. There are so many things I want to ask but they just don?t seem to come out. As soon as the sentencing is over I am going to try and write a letter to my rapist and send it him. I want him to know he?s hurt me big time and try to make him believe he?s not wrecked my life even though if the truth were told he probably has.
    I heard one of the victim?s cry in the room next door to me and I just wanted to walk in the room and give her a massive hug and tell her I know how it feels. You know sometimes I just wish one of the girls would email me, you know someone who really knows how it feels to have Geoff betray you like that.
    I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions and if anyone could help with questions I will need to ask the barrister that would be helpful.

Thanks

Emily

hi emily
    i am sorry the opinion of the judge / jury did not go in your personal favour but it is good this man is going to prison for what he has done to others! i dont think in your case theres much you can ask the barrister on thursday you could however ask questions such as
    1. how long will he serve in prison with good behaviour
    2. is there any restrictions on him coming back to the area where he attacked you and the other girls when released
    3. will you be notified of his release
    4. will you be notified if he appeals against his sentance
    5. has he ever had any convictions for this before the trial that couldnt be disclossed

these are just a few questions to ask emily without knowing the full story i wouldnt want to advise any other questions

I really would advise you to speak to a councillor or a good friend who can just listen to you it sounds as if you have a lot to say and just by talking it will remove alot of pressure from you which has been building up over time.

Emily i would write a letter expressing all your emotion , hurt , anger towards this man then burn it dont send it to him people like him sometimes get off on that sort of thing and he doesnt deserve the pleasure of your misery.

the one thing you have to consol yourself with is this man is going to be in prisoned on thursday and all he has to look forward to is a solitary life by himself if he is segregated from the other inmates as they fear for his safety or in with the other prisoners who do not take kindly (funny enough) to rapists and will probably suffer at the hands of someone who rapes him.

emily i know you probably think its easy for people to voice opinions because they havent been through it like you but some of us have and come out the other side im not saying you will ever forget it because you wont sweetheart but believe me eventualy the pain and the memories will start to fade, dont let this man rule the rest of your life hes not worth it.

please let me know how thursday goes and feel free to talk anytime

swalk

Comment

Working...
    X