I was only 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was only 14

On the 21 Aug 1995 I was raped by a man who was 21 and was sort of seeing as a friend.

He kept telling me that he loved me but if i didnt do what he said that he would make sure that no one else could.

On this day he took me for a work to a local park, he dragged me into the woods and raped me. I was so scared. He kept telling me that if i ever told anyone or tried to leave he would kill me and my family.

I then discovered i was pregnant. I stayed listening to the treats, many times be held down while he had a knife in his hand.

I eventually left him and got help. I didnt report the rape as the police at the time made me feel so bad for just reporting the threats to kill and saying that i led him on.

I am now 30 and this disgusting man wants to see his child. I know that there have been other young girls.

I carnt let him near my daughter and i cannot go on letting him get away with what he did, Every day i wish i could die to get away from the pain.

What can i do

the police's attitudes have changed since then, please go and report this to them. Have you got anyone that will go with you?

I know its a scary thing to do, but you must look after yourself and your daughter first and foremost.

I am so so sorry that you are still going through this nightmare, but hopefully it will come to an end by being brave again.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi There,

You can prove your allegation by:

1. The date of birth of your child which will give your exact age on the day of the

birth and how old you were when you became pregnant.

2. A paternal DNA test will establish his paternity.

These unequivocal facts substantiate and corroborate your allegation of underage

sex committed by a male adult aged 21.

This would come under Sec12 of the sex offenders act 1956 and he would be

charged under this act.

You should be able to take the police to the park in question and the area where

this occurred.

I say this because I could take the police to the exact place where I endured sexual

abuse.

How soon after this incident did you discover you were pregnant and how did you

explain it away to your parents?

Your parents could be witnesses after the fact in this matter.

Did you tell/confide in a girlfriend? If so when?

When did you leave him and how did you achieve that given the threats he made

against you and your family?

You say: "I didnt report the rape as the police at the time made me feel so bad for just reporting the threats to kill and saying that i led him on".

Did you speak to the police 15 years ago? if so this will be on record.

Was it the police who made you feel bad "for just reporting the threats to kill and saying that i led him on"?

Again this would be on record and lend weight to your complaint.

When did this man make contact with you?

It seems strange or stupid on his part to have made contact as he must be aware of the witch hunt going on against men in regards to false accusers and the diametrically changed police attitude towards rape allegations compared to 15 years ago.
      He has put himself in the firing line and rightly so.
      The consequence of his action in contacting you will be for you to achieve rightful justice and to protect your child who will now be a teenager and I find that ominous.

In this instance I would encourage you to request to see an officer from the Public Protection Unit and present your evidence.

The one thing that differentiates genuine rape victims from false rape accusers who claim victimhood where none exists is that it doesn't matter how many years have passed, the genuine victim can bring forward corroborative evidence that substantiates and turns their allegation (which alone does not a fact make), into a proven fact.

Comment

Working...
      X