Sitting here waiting for the verdict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting here waiting for the verdict

Hi all, i was raped 15 months a go and managed to get it to court. It has been a 4 day trial that Started this Monday (7th March 2011) and i am praying that a verdict will come back today.

Hi Princesssugar

Waiting is very difficult. I hope you get the decision you want. Let us know what happens.

Comment

Thanks Saffron

I am going out of my mind here, just waiting for the police to let me know. Court finishes around 4 so im thinking it probably wont be today now

Comment

Hi, I second what Saffron says, I hope you get back your peace of mind.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

sorry for the late update

Ok i really don't want to go into to it all too much but not only did this guy rape me but he also stole my knickers, my camera and also my laptop. They found the laptop at his home but not my knickers or my camera. He got found not guilty for the knickers and camera. Guilty for the laptop and it was a hung jury for the rape. Re trial not set for begining of june x

Comment

sorry i meant re trial is set for begining of june

Comment

I'm sorry that this is going on so long for you. Do you have good support in real life? Keep strong.
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Yes loads of good support. im very lucky. Just gutted as i thought that it would have all been over on Thursday. Its such an exhausting and daunting process going to court. Im so sad i have to go through it all again. I think im now worried as he has heard the trial for 4 days and can completely change what he say's to the new jury. Im not even interested about him going to prison. I really don't care about my laptop. I just want it recognised this is what he did to me. Im also not sure if a hung jury is in my favour. It must mean some people believed me. ?? Oh well roll on June. x

by the way this is the best rape website i have found

Comment

I think im now worried as he has heard the trial for 4 days and can completely change what he say's to the new jury.
                  If he does change what he says to a new jury he can be cross-examined on the discrepancies.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Firstly I want to say how brave you have been to go to court. It is so traumatic and it really takes it out of you. No one can tell you what the outcome will be, obviously the cps think there is a good chance of a guilty verdict or else they wouldn't go to retrial.

Glad to see you have support in real life. The emotions you go through after a trial are difficult. You might find yourself replaying the trial in your head, asking what you could have done to get a guilty verdict (did they think I was acting because I cried? did I seem to emotionally distant because I didn't cry? should I have had people sit in the public gallery? etc). I'm not sure this is useful but I am not sure if it is possible to stop yourself asking yourself these questions.

Anyway I think you are amazing for fighting for justice. Remember to look after yourself, you are the most important thing.
                    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

I was just rereading this thread and saw that the retrial was set for june. I hope that you are well supported and coping as well as can be expected
                      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
                      X