Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was raped and now worried I might have caught something. Please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was raped and now worried I might have caught something. Please help?

I've not spoken to anyone about this, but I was raped about 4 weeks ago on a night out when I was drunk, and a guy ended up going a bit too far. He didn't finish properly, because people found us so he stopped, and then I got away. I haven't been to get checked for STIs or anything, but I have recently developed a cold/flu, and am now worrying like crazy because I read online that a symptom of HIV is having flu a couple weeks after catching the infection. However, my mum had an illness of the exact same symptoms right before I got it, and now my brothers caught it too, so it could just as easily be a genuine flu virus that is going round. I've also spoken to my doctor to my doctor when I first developed a bad throat, and she said that a lot of viruses are going around at the minue, and I should just keep taking paracetamol. I don't know if I'm at risk of having anything more serious, or if I'm just over-worrying about it because it's been playing on my mind, but I don't know what to do?

Hi stupidkid, if you don't want to go and see your doctor - go to the nearest GUM clinic and get yourself checked out for STI's and STD's. The last thing you want is chlamydia - you won't know you have this because there are no symptoms but can cause you all kinds of internal problems.

Most can be cured with a simple dose of antibiotics, you know it makes sense and you know you should do it - otherwise you wouldn't have searched this place out!!

Have you thought about reporting the rape to the police? Do you know if the place you were raped is covered by CCTV?
    Last edited by RFLH; 16 March 2010, 05:22 PM. Reason: rotten spelling!
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry you find yourself here.
      RFLH is right, you need to get yourself checked out as soon as possible. If you go to the police they will offer all the necessary medical backup.

This man was interrupted while he was attacking you - you have eyewitnesses. Do you know any of the people who saw it happen? Even if you don't know who they are, the police will be able to appeal for witnesses. If you do report it, you will be treated very gently and you will certainly be looked after by a female officer.

However, no-one here will pressure you into talking to the police if you don't want to. If you are afraid of reporting this, why not think about talking to Victim Support? They are usually very good.

I hope you do get yourself checked out, and that you are OK.

Saffron
      Last edited by Saffron; 17 March 2010, 02:22 PM. Reason: dyslexic fingers

Comment

Working...
      X