I did it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it...

I reported everything... and I feel on top of the world. I have shed my old skin and feel 10 x taller and light and breezy. I carried that burden for too long...

All those years feeling guilty and ashamed and confused and I have finally acknowleged that what happened was wrong and to hear it from other people was just amazing. Even if just reporting it is as far as it goes I dont care even though it would be good if some justice could be served but I know what happened was a long time ago and evidence is limited.

They said I gave a really good interview and gave them lots of information so I will just wait and see what happens next.

I just thought I would share....

Isi x
    Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

well done! glad you feel better for doing it and of course i hope you get justice, though i hardly believe a prison sentence is really justice....anyway...hopefully you can start to move on with your life knowing you have done everything within your powers to get justice. dont feel disheartened if it goes no further, that is beyond your control but know that you are stronger than so many people to have come through all this and continue to fight for justice.

i know exactly what you mean about feeling lighter. its almost as if part of the darkness that was left in you by other people has been removed.

again, well done!
    x
    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

That's great news Isi, well done! You must feel like an enormous weight has been lifted.
      There is every chance that this case could go all the way, even though it is a historic one. Many historic cases succeed - there have been a few in the press recently that resulted in convictions.
      It's lovely to hear you sounding so upbeat and positive. Hugs!

Comment

Thanks, I do feel much better like that is what I needed to do. I dont feel scared anymore. Its just another step of acceptance for me. I think that if it does go further it will be hard but I know what I am doing is a positive step. I am shouting out that these things do happen and is still happening and it needs to stop and hopefully if justice is served it will be a warning to others. Even if they have control at the time the past will always catch up with them at some point...
        I went an had my hair done today, I thought I would treat myself. Its time to look after me now. I just recently got back from holiday and have just had my teeth done so I am feeling as fresh as a daisy. The meds I am taking are starting to work and has eased my depression and anxiety, so hopefully from now the only way is up up up,

x
        Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Comment

I'm so pleased for you, isi. And well done on treating yourself to a new haircut and a dental makeover! It's time you started to look after yourself and these are incredibly positice steps. You are a very courageous person - I salute you!
          S xx

Comment

i think you deserve a medal for going to the dentist too! i'm too scared of what they will say...
            "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

I have an appointment next week. I used to avoid going like the plague, and once I didn;t go for over 7 years. Then I had 2 abcesses which were excruciating, and resulted in 2 root canals...ouch. Now I go every 6 months because I have to take the children. I am determined they will have better teeth than me!

Comment

god, thats a terrifying thought. i havent been to a dentist since my mum took me when i was 15/16 (4 years ago).

your kids will thank you for looking after their teeth until they choose to completely disregard caring for them. imagine what people who were not taken to the dentist as kids teeth would be like if they continued to avoid it as adults?!

Comment

Working...
                X