i am so scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am so scared

I was raped and buggered in jan. The police came and I was persuaded to undergo the forensic examination even though I was not sure about reporting it. (The person who did this I vaguely know and rely on them for certain things due to a disability)Since then the police just keep putting pressure on me to do video interview, in my heart I know it is the right thing but I am scared of the repercission from this person he has been back and I had to go to hospital with an injury. I have tried to run away as I dont feel safe in my flat but no one understands mainly because of my disability I am vulnerable. I have no one to turn to. I dont know what to do I live in total fear.

Hi OP. Apologies for the delay in approving this - I've been offline for a bit.
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

If the police are involved then you can be allocated a support liaison officer (I think it is called).

if you "vaguely know" the assailant but you rely on him for certain things due to a disability then you must more than "vaguely" know him.

He can have certain bail conditions placed on him which would prohibit him from coming within a certain distance from you and/or your home.

You really need to speak to the police about this as they can help you.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi, I am so sorry to read about your situation.

I am not sure how severe your disability is and if it is a learning, physical or both? Do you have a support worker, keyworker who helps you with your disability? If so they may be able to help you if you feel able to tell them what has happened.

You said you had reported it to the police and been for a forensic examination. Have you given a written statement and signed it? This should happen before the video interview and would suggest that you go and give the video evidence for your own safety. Also have you told the police that he has been back and hurt you? you need to tell the police everything no matter how embarrasing it is. They have been trained to look after you.

Do you have a SOIT officer? if so they can refer you to housing agencies that can help with emergency housing needs if this person kees coming to your house. Also they can ask someone to come a view your property and put things in place to make it safer such as window bars (which I had put in and they really give you a feeling of safety) they can put door in that are strengthened with special lock and alarms and if it gets so bad you can have a panick alarm conected to the police if your life is at risk. There are so many more things than this but these are just the few that I know personally about.

Do you have anyone who can help support youthrough this difficult time, someone that can maybe advocate for you and help you find out information about what to do and what is going on?

I hope this helps.

Isi
        Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Comment

Just to add - you sound like you have been so brave so far - keep going. Things can be tough but keep on going for what you believe.

Isi
          Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Comment

Working...
          X