Would anyone be willing to help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be willing to help me?

I have decided that after seeing my site for rape survivors such as myself grow and grow, and then the government closes all the rape crisis centres down. I would like to reach more people out there as there is currently nowhere to get much help from. I have decided to write a book to try and help survivors, their loved ones and their families. Many of you know me out there and I?m asking for anyone if they have a personal story or something that they would like to put in the book for the benefit of others, could they give me an email. My aim is to show people the truth about rape, and how it affects survivors, families and how to heal. If anyone has any advice or tips for healing that they found useful, whether it was seeing a counsellor etc, please could you let me know, you don?t have to give your real name, but if you would juts like to share anything with the world don?t hesitate to give us a bell.

Also Diane, is it ok if I mention your site? It?s been a great comfort to me knowing that there are people out there fighting for survivors rites, it would me a lot to me personally if you would allow me to mention your site for other survivors out there.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

I'm glad you like my site. Yes, I'm happy for you to mention it in your book if you want. But I might change it soon, since the government are bringing in new reforms. I don't know what they're going to do yet, but if they're going to do things that address some of the problems I've raised, I'm thinking of taking the campaign down and just having the forum here along with the Dispatches transcript and the interview that Jennifer Tempkin did with the barristers, and links to a few other things. And I'll ask people if they think anything more needs to be done by the government.

If you'd like any help with proof-reading bits of your book for spelling errors or stuff like that, by the way, if you send them to me via email attachment, I'll help you.
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Working...
    X