Not Rape, but...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Rape, but...?

I was at a party. Everyone had gone home with the exception of some of my best friends. We all started to crash out. The hostess and her man went to bed, I had one couch, and my boyfriend had the other. A mutual friend (whom we've known and trusted for over 5 years) lay on the floor between us.
    I was woken in quite a bit of discomfort and distress, and I realised that this mutual friend was touching me quite roughly in places that he shouldn't. I was too surprised and confused to tell him to stop, so I pretended that I was still asleep in the hope that he's lose interest and leave me alone (I don't know what I was thinking at the time, it seems such a dumb thing to think). So he stops, and I think, ok, thats it over, don't know what that was all about, etc.
    But then he does it again. It lasts for about 5 minutes, and my reasoning is this time that if I make a noise, I'm in trouble - if this guy is able to help himself with my boyfriend asleep on the next couch, then he's capable of anything. If I shout out, and no one wakes up - this was after a party, remember - then god knows what he would do...
    So I keep schtuum again, and again he eventually stops. But only to get into a better position, and then he starts to fumble with my trousers...at theis point, I think I got brave, because I pushed his hand away. My boyfriend wakes up (as I call out when I get rid of his hand), and sees whats been happening. He gets me out of the house and somewhere safe as soon as.
    But I feel I need to know, was this assault or something? I know I didn't want it, but I never said no. He just began to help himself when I was asleep.
    It was quite recent, and he was very rough. I still have bruises on my chest and groin area.
    I feel that giving this a name will help me become less confused about this, and then I can put it behind me once and for all.
    Can anyone help, please?

You must be upset that someone you thought of as a friend would do this.

As for the definition of it, it could be classified as indecent assault. You may find this helpful: From The law on sex (August 2004)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Sexual/Indecent assault

Under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 it is an offence in England and Wales for a person intentionally to touch sexually another person without reasonable belief that they consented. Touching covers all physical contact, whether with a part of the body or anything else, or through clothing.[/b][/quote]
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Thank you. Now I know what it was, I think I&#39;ll be able to get over it. It really was quite frightening.
      Thanks again, and best wishes to all of you out there who are dealing with the same and much much worse.

Comment

Working...
      X