My court case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My court case

I am feeling more comfortable sharing my feelings here now and I want to say exactly what has happened.
    The man who raped me has been charged with three counts of rape and is now on remand as you know. I went to court yesterday and the trial has started despite forensics etc he has pleaded not guilty. It all seems to be happening so quickly. I was only raped at the end of July and now it is the trial has anyone else had experience of the so-called fast tracking system?
    It is overwhelming me alot. Just three weeks ago I had to attend a pretrial hearing and he requested the old style committal proceedings which effectively meant that I had to give evidence then and now again, it was so hard last time. But I did it and now the jury and evrything are selected and it is going ahead at 11 00 today I go to court and I have to give my evidence and I am stressing out about it. I am terrified of facing him again but I know I have to do this. Does anyone have any idea how long the case may go on for what happens next how long he will get what happens after the evidence has been given I feel very alone with this and scared of what is going to happen please help. I suppose it is better to get the case done more quickly and overwith I am lucky in that respect. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

Dont worry you wont face him in court they will screen you off from him.you wont see him while you give your evidence.I expect the trial will last at least five days but that depends on how many witness there are and how long the jury take to reach there verdict.

Comment

I hope things went OK today.

Are you getting any help from Victim Support? They can often help people who are stressed about their court cases, though I&#39;m not quite sure what support they provide.
      My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
      And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Working...
      X