I cant believe Such loopholes exist . . help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant believe Such loopholes exist . . help needed

Hi all, a new poster, as I have been looking for somewhere that I can make sense of a friends predicament. . . .

Basically, his 14 year old daughter, had become very friendly with a new set of neighbours, a 23 year old man and his pregnant girlfriend, and been sleeping over at their house . . .

last week the daughter confided in another neighbour that she had been having sex with the man. the neighbours then agonised all weekend before telling my friend what the young girl had said. .

They confronted her, and she says its true yes, they have been having sex, and that she loves him. . .

The man and his girlfriend found out that the secret was out, and they have done a disappearing act, staying with parents or friends locally or whatever. . But my friend thinks his daughter is still communicating with him somehow. . .

The police were called, but they say that if the daughter will not "grass" on the bloke that has been having sex with her, then they cant persue it. . .

The daughter also has some form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which she is being treated for, something to do with the fact that she thinks she is ugly all the time. . . my friend has seen notes from this man to his daughter saying how beautiful she is. . In my mind this is no better than a paedophile grooming his victim.

The sex was consentual, his daughter is besotted with this man, and will not say a word to the police.

Surely there is some kind of mistake being made somewhere? As I understand the underage sex law, this man is liable for up to 14 years in prison

It is taking all of my powers to make my friend realise that searching the man out and beating him up will really not help, and the total apathy from the so called justice system is really doing me no favours in this department.

Can anyone please help me to help him, his family is being torn apart by this situation.

Thanks

I can fully appreciate your concerns in this matter, here you have an adult man taking full advantage a vulnerable and emotional young girl.

There is absolutely no bar in law to the Crown mounting a prosecution without the assistance of the victim, think of a murder trial, the victim isn't there to give an account. In practical terms and particularly sexual offences it is impossible without the asssitance of the victim.

I can see where you are coming from but you have to think laterally, this is not a sad indictment of our justice system, it is actually testament to the protection in law which our system affords anyone accused of a crime: The right to a fair trial, the right to have legal representation, the right to hear the evidence against you, the right to have the evidence tested in a court of law.

If your friends daughter is unwilling to give evidence then the above cannot apply.

It would be a dark day in hell if our system operated differently.

I do wish you well with this dilemma but your complaint about the justice system is not justified in these circumstances.

I

Comment

Working...
    X