Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye from Snoopy

Hello all,
    As most of you know, i have been on here for quite a while and have always loved giving advice and help whenever i can.The campaign started off very much highlighting a lot of problems in the justice system for rape survivors.And it has been wonderful for survivors of rape everywhere,However the campaign has now swung over to people 'falsly' accusing others in order to get compensation.(although just like it is hard to prove rape, it is also hard to prove being falsly accused of rape)
    I feel however that the forum has switched over to this side of things and as a rape survivor myself fighting for other survivors i feel it quite harmful for my own health reading many many posts of people 'crying rape'
    This was not what i originally came onto these boards to read, although i do recognise that any campaign will obviously take many new turns.
    Those falsly accused of rape is a new topic in itself, and i feel that the boards would be better off for all concerned if the two topics were totally divided,as their are many raw viewpoints on each side of the fence. <_<
    As mentioned before i have seen this campaign grow and expand and it is swinging towards those being falsly accused of rape.This is something which needs to be addressed as their are many people writing in about it.And i hope that those falsly accused of rape, and i mean those that are genuinly falsly accused of rape, (not the ones that have raped and then gone to the most obvious line of defence because they are married/have children/partners/business&#39;s/family etc) really get somwhere with a campaign like this.So as this is not an area for my comments, i want to wish you all farewell.I do however want any survivor out there who wants help to know that im still around, and my details can be reached through the author and webmaster (who are wonderful people&#33 of this site.
    So this is Snoopy signing off for the last time.
    Take care all, good luck everyone.I hope that through campaigns like this you all highlight the things that are important to you, and obtain continuos support as you go from strength to strength.

One thing i will say however.
    No matter what your view is or which side of the fence you stand on, always always try and see both sides of the coin.And remember sometimes its hard to admit that those that we are rooting for sometimes are capable of doing bad things, sometimes people lie, and sometimes those that we think are lying are telling the truth.We will never know what really happened in any given scenario because we simply were not there.
    But at the end of the day we all have one thing in common, one thing that should unite everyone.
    We want a stop to rape.
    At the end of the day guilty or innocent pales in comparison to this ultimate goal.And it is this goal that we should strive towards.

There was something a very wise carpenter said and it brings my awareness to the ultimate goal whenever i think of it.

"Blessed are the peacemakers"

Goodnight all.
    Snoopy
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

I agree with you and what you said,just like to add i spent time in prison,for somthining that i did not do ,and learned a lot,my time was on rule 43, emty the buckets locked up 23 hours a day, abuse well that was another thing, mentaly i am strong , and one thing i remember is that retalaition is a wast of time, in this world you waite your turn and it comes back in a big circle, i know , im not a violent person , i would walk away first as i did 17 years ago,one inmate said to me befor he left " i acted like a anamal ,treated like a animal , now there throuing me out like a animal,i wrote to him for a few weeks , had one reply no more , then told that he had comited suiside,he never denide that what he had done, just wanted to get on with life ,his words will stay with me ,justice was done in the eyes of the media, but was it ,the media has a lot to answer for ,just think all those years ago , cleavland ,esta ranson and the rest,,i walked away from prison and wanted to put it behind me ,you learn in life some times the hard way, i hope that that was the end but it is not,hope you try and put it behind you , it is hard
    good luck to youi am on my 17th year and socierty will not let it go for me,as i am on the rong side of the fence

Comment

It&#39;s a pity you&#39;re leaving, Snoopy. I&#39;m sure a lot of people who&#39;ve visited the boards have benefited from your advice. But they&#39;ll still benefit from the things you&#39;ve said on here before.

All the best.
      My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
      And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

It is a pity you are leaving Snoopy. You have been a very valuable source of guidance and support to many people. I wish you all the best in the future.

Saffron

Comment

hi all well i think we are all sorry to see snoopy go but i would just like to point out about something she has said ( And it has been wonderful for survivors of rape everywhere,However the campaign has now swung over to people &#39;falsly&#39; accusing others in order to get compensation.(although just like it is hard to prove rape, it is also hard to prove being falsly accused of rape)
          I feel however that the forum has switched over to this side of things and as a rape survivor myself fighting for other survivors i feel it quite harmful for my own health reading many many posts of people &#39;crying rape&#39; )

i no i&#39;m not reading this board wrong as you log on you can choose which forum you wish to go on.....

Subforums: Been raped?, Falsely accused?, General rape discussion
          what is her problem this board is as states for people who have been raped or have been falsley accused i can&#39;t see why it is affecting her health or why she feels the need to leave , i feel for her as she has been on the recieving end of being raped but i also feel for all the people who are falsley accused if this board is is not right for anyone then they have the right not to read it or am i going barmey?

Comment

Hi All

I havnt been a member for anything lika as long as Snoopy, but most of her posts always seemed to make sense too me.

Its shame that somone who was obviosly an asset has decided to leave.

One the other side of the coin is the fact that genuine and false allegations of rape are, in my opinion, very closely related, and the only way that the legal system can be properly altered to provide adequate safeguards for both the alledged victim and the alledged perpetrator is if the experiances of both groups are heard.

The legal processes that are implemented when a crime of rape is alledged must have the flexibility to identify, at the earliest possible stage, false and maliceous allegtions and have the power to deal with them in an appropriate fashion.The lower the conviction rate, the lower the public perception of the crediability of genuine victims - the only way to alter this situation is to filter out the maliceous allegations before they reach court.

Vaya Con Dios Snoopy, I think you will be missed

Regards

Val

Comment

hi val i still don&#39;t understand why she is leaving the board it states quiet clearly that this board is for rape advice falsley accused etc she seems to think it should be for just people that have been raped ... but there are different message boards on this sight x

Comment

Hi Maria

Im not sure either, but I do feel that interaction between boards is an essential and valuable form of discussion.

Regards

Val

Comment

so do i val its a shame she&#39;s gone but we still have others like yourself that we can all get good advice and help from x

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopyseed@26th January 2005 - 10:13 PM

No matter what your view is or which side of the fence you stand on, always always try and see both sides of the coin.

I?m disappointed that you don?t take your own advice. We all feel that rape is a terrible crime so surely those falsely accused of rape deserve some compassion.

The problem being that many survivors of rape lose trust in men completely and see every man as being capable of committing rape and also automatically believe every fellow "victim" as we can often empathise with their feelings of shame, guilt etc. There is a big difference between those who have been forced to have sex against their will and those who simply regret a night of drunken fumbling which led to consensual sex.

I speak as a survivor of a violent rape where I genuinely feared for my life. Like most women my age I have had occassional sexual encounters which did not turn out as I hoped - ie. I felt used afterwards or I had been drunk at the time and regretted what had taken place once I had sobered up. I would never cry rape in these instances but there are some women who do. They damage the credibility of any genuine victims out there. The false accusers need to see the damage that they do to the accused and their families. For that reason alone I think there is a valid case for having both subjects on this forum.

My sympathies to all real victims, regardless of which side of the coin they are on.

Comment

i feel sorry for people who have really been raped but i have just witnessed my brother being convicted for consensual sex (one night stand) it is mad ness

Comment

hi sad person im so sorry to hear that your brother has been convicted i hope you find some support and confort on this board if we can be of any help please let us no, i no what you are going thru take care luv maria x

Comment

Thank you maria i feel so bad but my poor brother must feel 100 times worse he is in prison awaiting sentance.
                          x

Comment

Working...
                          X