coping at difficult times of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coping at difficult times of the year

it will be 4 years next week since it happened. its two years since the first court case and i'm feeling a bit (very) fragile.

my boyfriend has got the day off work so we will be going out to a museum in the day and then eating yummy food and watching light hearted films in the evening but they wouldn't give him any more time off (its the busiest time of year at his work) so i will be on my own a lot during the day on every other days. i'm trying to organise seeing friends but a lot of them are away.

everything has to be vetted especially thoroughly at this time of year. films, places, even some food can set me off!

how do you cope at times like this? any suggestions?
    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Friday, I know exactly what you mean.
    I try to keep as busy as possible during "anniversaries"...and me and R don't discuss it at all. A song on the radio, something I read or hear, even glancing at the cover of a book can bring it all back.

I suppose it's different for me because my children keep me on my toes and I have very little time for reflection. Other than keeping your mind as occupied as possible there isn;t a great deal I can suggest, but wanted to say I am thinking of you.

Comment

me too - I allow myself a 10 minute wallow and then give myself a shake. I'm not going to allow anyone to take over my life to a degree that it affects me ever again.
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
      X