Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally took the first step and feel so scared now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally took the first step and feel so scared now.

I have had such a bad week this week so it finally made me take the first step and Contacted Victim Support to get some councelling and advice. I have not had my first meeting yet but I have contacted them by email and she said she is going to email me back today with an appoinment. I have been thinking about it for ages and I finally managed to get the confidence to do it.

I am so scared now as I just dont know if I am going to be able to speak, my hands are shaking just at the thought of it and I feel so sick but at the same time pleased that I am finally doing something that might help - I hope I dont waste there time. What if I cannot tell them once I get there and I just freeze up?

I am hoping that if I can manage to talk to them - then they will be able to help me with going to the police.

Well done, Seble I am so proud of you.
    VS will be very kind and gentle, and will talk you through the procedures. Once you have spoken to VS, you are still not obliged to go the the police, but they will be there to help you if you do want to.
    If you find it difficult to talk about to VS, try writing it down.
    Let us know when you get your appointment through so that we can all send you positive thoughts.
    Well done.

Comment

I got an email from them yesterday which had an attachtment which I could not open - the email was also sent to the police so I panicked a bit (well alot) as I thought it was all meant to be confidential and thought they had told them and I am not ready to take that step yet - I want to be able to report it when I am ready not when they say to. I emailed them back and they just said it was sent in error and not to worry about it as no one has been told.
      It's made me feel really insecure and I feel I cannot trust them now. I need to know that it is all confidential to know I feel safe.

I hope I am doing the right thing in going to them, I just thought it might make me stronger in myself and more able to deal with it. I know going to them is not going to stop him as only going to the police can do that but at least I am making that first move.

Comment

seble, you're doing fine. Well done on the first step, the rest will follow.

I'm really chuffed for you, brave lady.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks.

What should I tell them? Should I tell them everything or not?

Comment

Tell them everything - they can't help you properly unless you do.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

He has been in touch again! He knows I am going to be at home on my own tonight. I am so scared I dont know what to do.

Comment

Phone the VS or go to the police. You have to make the decision to get rid of him once and for all Seble - we can only be here for you.

You have the evidence on your phone - take it in with you.

Comment

Im sorry for bothering you.

I know you probabily think how daft I am being in not doing something about him but I am so scared of putting anyone in danger, if you realsied what type of person he is you would understand why this is so hard for me.
                  I have not had my first meeting yet with VS as only emailed someone there who was going to get back to me with a councellor so dont think they would be able to help.

Thanks for your support, I wont be bothering anyone again now.

Comment

Seble, please do come back! No-one here thinks you are stupid, nothing of the kind. We are here to support you.
                    Save the message and stay away from him. If you are scared, please call the police, or at the very least, go to a friend's house if you can.

Come back, please and tell us you are OK.

Comment

seble - come on lass, you can do this, he mustn't be able to terrorise you in this way. He's taking your life from you.

Take the phone and write a note, go to the police station and let them sort him out for you.

We do care, please keep posting.

Comment

you aren't bothering us! we want to help you make whatever choice is right for you but mostly make sure you are safe. if you don't want to go to the police you don't have to. but you will still need support, be that from victim support, real life friends or online.

hope your appointment goes well. please keep us updated.
                        x
                        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Has anyone heard from Seble recently? I am bit worried about her....

Comment

I have saffron - she's fine.

Comment

Thanks RFLH. I was concerned, but I suppose that sometimes it is hard to post. As long as she's OK, that's the main thing.
                              Saffron

Comment

Working...
                              X