Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter of South Africa men are Rapists

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...ca-rape-survey

Interesting story I read today.I'm not expert enough to pass meaningful comment,but am shocked.

How tragic for the women, if their lives weren't hard enough they have to suffer that as well.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

my ex is south-african and either attemped to rape me (said he couldnt get it up and somehow that makes it ok!) or did (i hope to god he didnt though). yes i admit i put myself in a vulnerable situstion by sleeping in his bed (fully clothed) and being drunk (i'd thrown up) but i had made it totally clear on numerous occasions throughout the evening that i didn't want anything to happen (we even had an argument about it in which he said i slept around with everyone and therefore should sleep with him)

anyway, i have noticed that a large percentage of the south-african men ive met believe it is their right to have sex whenever they want, especially if the girl has had more than a couple of partners. this particular guy is also said to have done the exact same thing to another girl (she told me and i can't see she made it up unless he told her that he attempted to rape me, which seems unlikely). neither of us reported him because there is no evidence that it was non-consensual or even that it happened.

i am not saying that this is true of all south-african men, or even a minority. i am just saying about my experience of a relatively small number of men from s.a.

its an awful state of affairs when you don't bother reporting a crime because you know you want get justice.
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
      X