URGENT HELP NEEDED SEEING MP NEXT WEEK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED SEEING MP NEXT WEEK

(Posted on old forum on Thursday, May 20, 2004)

Hi Diane

Snoopy has given me the link to you so that I can ask if you proved any info/stats that I can produce when I see my MP next week.

I emailed him last week about my own case and the CPS's lack of sensitivity to the victim whom they don?t meet when deciding not to take the case. Whilst my ex-husband had the luxury of a solicitor who could make his case sound like silk.

Furthermore, I pointed out that the mental health service is severely lacking and that most of my help has come thru rape crisis without which I am sure I would not be here today. This is totally wrong when they are a charity and have such limited resources.

My case never even got to court and I am still living the nightmare 2 years on!!

So any stats/info you could proved would so greatly be appreciated as I really want to take this opportunity to make something work from it even if its only a little cog in the works which leads to a bigger one.

Many thanks Dainty

(My email address is annxxx28@hotmail.com)

What kind of statistics would you want? The Home Office knows that the conviction rate in rape cases is only 7%, mainly because many people's cases don't get to court in the first place. You might find some info on the website http://www.survive.org.uk/

Sorry to hear about your plight. I wish you all the best when you see the MP.
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Dear Diane

Thanks for guiding me the other site i will take a look and see if it will be of any help, I was more interested in the anonymity of the CPS and the lack of support for victims. Perhaps you have some information that will help me in that direction.
      Kind regards
      Dainty

Comment

I know what you mean, my attack was in Dec 2002 and the fact l helped the police and cps in their murder case, yet my case was not taken up. Due to the fact the cps went for the 3 murder charges. Yet the same person is on the police second phase of other past crimes he may of committed.

For 4 months l have been trying to get legal aid to challenge the CPS decision not to charge this person for attempted murder and rape.
        Yet each review committee that heard my case, is denying me funding, on the grounds l will not benefit if a case was brought to court.

So yet alone l am just by the legal system for their own gain and told for 7mths this person would be charged, then not told till after the murder trail that he would be not.
        Now my case is having to be referred to the public interest panel at the head office of legal aid. Where a panel make the final decision.
        Under the human rights act / right to life the CPS are duty bound to bring charges, but the code of CPS has not been tested under the human rights act, or reviewed for 50yrs.
        So l plan to bring a test case 1st of its kind in UK , under the right to life.
        So if anyone wishes to come on board to bring a joint action then post me a message on the board.

Comment

There's a page on the Survive site with phone numbers and addresses of places victims can turn to for help:
          http://survive.org.uk/links.html

Unfortunately, it seems that several are open for only a few hours a day.

What do you mean by "anonymity of the CPS? Do you mean the way you don't get to speak to a personal barrister? I don't know if the government plan to do anything about that. It doesn't seem like it.
          My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
          And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Working...
          X