Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsley accused of rape, trialed and then convicted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsley accused of rape, trialed and then convicted.

Hey guys,
    I have just sat in on my partners trial for rape of a 14 yr old and i have come to the conclusion that our justice system is totally unfair.

My partner was recently accused of raping a teenge girl whos home he was doing decorating at. When the case reached the courts and i got to learn what the child was saying it became pretty apparent that the girl was lying as she was getting her story she was telling the court different to statements she had given to police. May i also add that this incident is supposed to have happened in November of 2006 and hadnt been reported to the police untill July 2008. The child also had a history of mental health problems which led her to see and hear things that didnt exist. My partner has maintained his innocence since the beginning and has participated in all matters involved with the investigation of this allegation. Unfortunately the jury took a belief in the girls story and he was convicted and sentenced to 8 yrs imprisonment. He now wishes to appeal this has any one got any advice as to how to go about this i havent a clue

I'll PM you about this
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I'm going through same thing with my fiance. He was accussed trialed and convicted of rape against a 14 year old and got 8 years with an IPP. It's awful and similar to your story she showed in court she couldn't keep up with her lies but the jury sided with her even though we were convinced he would be found not guilty! it was heartbreaking. He's been in for 2 and half years now.
      To top it off it's a member of my family that accussed him and as i stuck by him they have all turned their back on me. It's awful, i know how you feel. I feel so lonely and trapped and so low. I hate visiting him and seeing his face i always end up in tears as i leave the visits room but i need to be strong for him. I'm only 22 but i feel much older! he doesn't know what to do and prison officers treat him horrible as he is maintaining his innocence and wont do SOTP. We were told we couldn't get legal aid to even find a solicitor to get advice but i just found an amazing solicitor to help us on legal aid. He also has two children whom he hasn't seen for 2 and half years because of this and it is killing him.
      But we've stayed strong and always have a little hope. thinking of you at this hard time. i'm a great believer in what goes around comes around!! xxx

Comment

I know its such an awfull thing to be happening right now, my partner has maintained his innocence from the beginning, he really wants to appeal this but he is being told that it is not appealable. Visiting him in prison is hard aswell, the hardest thing about all of this is that after he has served his sentence he is going to be deported back to his country jamacia. Every time i think about it, it breaks my heart that not only has he been wrongfully convicted of a crime but im gonna lose him and we cant live the life that we both planned to. Like you said though what goes around comes around.... the truth will come out one day.

Comment

Who has told him that he cannot appeal?

Comment

His solicitors told him that it is not appealable because the judge touched down on every point in his summing up to the jury and nothing was left out.

Comment

We were told for 2 years that he couldn't appeal by solicitors that were meant to defend him! Anyone can, don't give up!! I wrote, rang and e-mailed about 25 people/companies before i found someone that can hopefully help us and give us some answers. someone can help to disscuss your case with you and your partner.
              the thing that makes me angry is that it was so obvious she was lying but she got away with it!! Justice System just isn't fair and our men are the ones to suffer aswell as the domino effect it has on family and friends!!xx

Comment

More often than not trial counsel and solicitors will say that there are no grounds with which to appeal because they stuffed up and didn't want to be found.

I do hope your new solicitor does the job properly.

Comment

thank you i hope it works out too, i got everything crossed at the moment for him, but it will be a long process!!xx

Comment

I'm going through this right now with my partner. He has just been handed a 10 year stretch for having a relationship with a 15 year old, months off 16 year old girl when he was 17.. she accused him of rape, and the jury believed her, and his last ex. They were in it together.
                    Anyone recently been through this with any advice?
                    They had no evidence, just the two girls stories, and their friend a guy who got the two girls talking, and he admitted that they all spoke about the charges.

Comment

The two members relevant to this thread (Renee 70 and V_townsee) haven't posted since April 2009 so they are unlikely to reply; however now its had a bump up the listings it may be that someone else will respond....
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                      X