Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A informal accusation of Sexual Assault

Hi Everyone

I am currently dealing with false accusations of sexual assault. These are currently informal, but has led to social abuse both online and physical. I was hoping that you could inform me on ways to try and address this issue and whether it would be beneficial to use a third party (solicitor or police). Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,

A quick response: it is inadvisable to involve the police as they will proceed on the assumption that the accusations *may* be true and will interview you as well as the accuser on this basis. The end result will be the same but the process won't be comfortable....better to put up with the social media abuse!

Of course there is always the possibility that the accuser may take the matter to the police themselves, this depends on how vindictive they are, but this is of course outside your control.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

It maybe a good idea to make up a detailed time line of events and also detail any current and forthcoming accusations, in particular screen shots from social media, as the accusation date and type might change, if the accusation morph into something different, or the so called facts / story keeps changing.

This will leave you better prepared if your accuser goes to the police and also it should help you to gather the facts about where you was on the alleged date of the accusation.

But it would be best not to point out to your accuser, the inaccuracies, as they will just change their story to fit their needs, build up your defence now.

Hopefully it will not be required, but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Comment

Thanks guys for your help.

I know that many of you are going through much more intense issues than I am so I really appreciate the help.

Thanks Again

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X