Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was acquited at trial of rape one week ago today, hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was acquited at trial of rape one week ago today, hello!

I actually just wrote a long post (tried to keep it as short as I could) over on the help/advice board. It told my story and tried to inspire/help those who are at the beginning of this nightmare of a process. Then, I hit submit and it said I had to log-in. I logged in and I didn't get redirected to any page. I just saw a blank white page. Then, I went to the board and it wasn't there. I proceeded to restore my auto-saved content and only the first two paragraphs were there.

Oh, well... I'll keep it brief here. lol. I've been through too much to get upset over something like that.

Anyway, my name is Richard. I'm not from the UK. The site says it's for those from the UK. However, I can't find another forum like this. I'm from Chicago, Illinois, USA. Currently living in Detroit, Michigan, USA.

I am 28 years old and last April I was falsely accused of sexual assault stemming from a one night stand I had 4 nights earlier. A brutal sexual assault. My charges were first degree and I faced life in prison. I did a month in jail before my bail was lowered enough for me to get out. Then, another 9 months on house arrest awaiting trial. Fortunately for me, at the trial, the girl who accused me and this male friend of hers did a horrible job of correlating their stories pertaining to this ridiculous lie that they cooked up. The physical evidence did not support her story either. Their entire case against me fell apart. And... here I am. A free man.

I look forward to elaborating just a little bit more on my story (won't be too long, I promise) and hopefully helping anybody who is at the beginning of this hellish process. I've decided that I want to go to law school, become a defense attorney and help people who are sitting where I once did. This was a horrific ordeal. However, I feel that I learned so much about people and about myself. I'm a 10x better/stronger person for all of this. I feel inspired.

I will also admit... getting acquainted back to life after losing everything during 10 months in jail/house arrest is proving difficult. I need to move out of town with my reputation tarnished. Perhaps some of you a little further along than myself can help me too?

Cheers!

Hello Richard and welcome to the forum,

Thanks for posting up your story, as you said, this will be helpful to others.

[I've copied your post to the 'Falsely accused of rape' section, where I guess you meant it to go and after a day or so will edit your post down to the introduction and delete this reply]
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello Richard, welcome to Daftmoo and thank you for the helpful post.

I'm sorry you have fallen foul of the software auto logging you out - I have lost count how many times this has happened to me after writing a long post - always maddening but perhaps a good time to remind posters, including myself, that if writing a longer post, it's a very good idea to copy the text into your computer or phones clipboard before submitting in case the gremlins decide to mess it up.

I'm sorry to hear about what you have been put through and that you feel you must move because of your tarnished reputation but it sounds like you have found some inspiration too.

It is a fact that the vast majority of members here move on with their lives and things do get better with time so bear that in mind as you start to move forward.

Although this is essentially a UK forum, it is only the different legal systems and terminology that is really the issue. ( Even Scottish law is totally different to England and Wales ) The emotional and practical support is the same the world over so you are certainly welcome to post here. There is a canadian woman, Diana Davison that may be able to point you in the right direction for US based organisations.

Lastly, congratulations on your NG verdict - great news.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Hi Richard,

Congratulations on your acquittal!!! I'm sure it will take some time to settle back to normal everyday life but you had a great result. It's a very lonely place to be when you have charges of this nature hanging over you. How anyone could live with themselves after fabricating such a story is beyond me. Like you, I reside outside the UK and am facing similar charges. Knowing you're innocent does not mean that you won't be convicted. The range of emotions from anger to despair,fear, hope...... around and around. It's very easy to be crushed by the system but you seem to have come out the other end with a positive outlook. Anyway, the very best of luck and hope that everything works out for you in the future!

Comment

Working...
        X