Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFA'd FA Suing me for £50,000

Hi All

This is just to let you know that my FA1 has decided to sue me in the High Court for Trespass to Person and assault. She is claiming £50,000 plus interest. I have no money but my employer does and she is suing my employer along with me. So she is after my employer really not me. The thing is I think she is being pressured into this by her family and hasn't been honest with them. She lied to the police, courts, and family. The case will be her word against mine and all the evidence showing she lied.

As you may know I am a nurse and my registration body the NMC investigated me and held a hearing in December. They have legal powers to call witnesses and seek evidence. They even called the OIC as a witness. I knew there were text messages found on the FA1's phone that contradicted her statement, so I asked for them. I now have the messages that the Prosecution used to justify not charging me. The FA also attended the hearing and was questioned. She again lied to the panel, claiming at one point that I phoned her 5 times a day and texted her 50 times a day, those were her figures. She did not know that I had provided my itemised telephone bills to the panel, showing maybe a call every couple of days and 5-10 text messages. So they had hard evidence she lied under oath to them. This of course was not her only lie but it is the easiest one to explain.

The thing is she did not know I had given the panel this and other evidence, that although showed me in a bad light it showed her to be a liar.

The FA's solicitor now has to present me with a Statement of Claim, or Particulars of Claim which explains why she says I am guilty of Trespass to Person and Assault. She will most likely claim I used force on her etc. I will then have to respond with my defence, which of course will be based on "consent".

As this is a civil matter the evidence standard will be "Balance of Probabilities", that is based on all the evidence available, who is probably telling the truth. She will not have any evidence apart from her statement in court. I on the other hand have the ABE statements and her contradictory text messages. Then you add in her attempt to contact me via FB while I was on bail, oh yea and all the following which all happened after reporting me to the police:- 158 Pages of FB Messages, 58 Pages of Text Messages, 500 Telephone calls. These contacts were everyday to intimate. I am going to love her explain in court that if I had Trespassed to her and assaulted her why the hell did she go on to have so much contact with me that covered such matters.

Oh yea I can also prove that she withheld evidence from the police when she tried to have me done for harassment.

I believe the solicitor wants my employer just to cough up the money and hope the case does not go to a hearing. I have already told them that there will be no agreement with the FA and the only route for this case is that they withdraw it or we go to court. My employer may want to settle out of court to keep things out of the papers but I am saying no to that. If they agree to pay her separately without my agreement then I will then counter sue the FA for what ever money they give her.

There is no way I am letting her get a penny out of this.

Anyway this has only started, so I will keep people updated.

Oh yea
    Happy New Year Y'all

Pond31

Good grief Pond, it must seem like it never ends..

I would bet that the friends/ family of the FA are completely convinced that she is a victim, it's likely they have heard only 50% of the story and even if they have heard more than that, they are in denial and ignoring evidence to the contrary.. The pot of gold no doubt promised by the lawyers might be clouding their judgement too!

I can't really offer any advice but encourage you to keep going and will have my fingers crossed that there will be an end to this soon.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
      Good grief Pond, it must seem like it never ends..

I would bet that the friends/ family of the FA are completely convinced that she is a victim, it's likely they have heard only 50% of the story and even if they have heard more than that, they are in denial and ignoring evidence to the contrary.. The pot of gold no doubt promised by the lawyers might be clouding their judgement too!

I can't really offer any advice but encourage you to keep going and will have my fingers crossed that there will be an end to this soon.
      Hi Peter1975

Yep it is clear that she has only told them half the story. She presented an affidavit to the county court during the harassment case and went WTF she has missed out so much. What confuses me so much is that she would know that I would have hard evidence to contradict what she said.

The good thing about suing me and my employer is it is now that I can go to my Union and they will pay for solicitors and barristers etc so my defence will not cost me a penny or should not. The last time I went to solicitor I handed them the harassment affidavit and a mountain of evidence contradicting all the FA's claims. Actually the solicitor thought it was too much. Apparently the courts like you to be "Concise". A couple of peaces of contradicting evidence per claim makes the point no need for ten.

I am not giving up.

Pond31

Comment

Suing you??!! The woman has no sense!! Which is probably a good thing, as she will trip herself up at every possible opportunity.

Glad that you have the legal support you need now.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
          Suing you??!! The woman has no sense!! Which is probably a good thing, as she will trip herself up at every possible opportunity.

Glad that you have the legal support you need now.
          Hi Franticwithworry

I like the old saying "you give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves". I am just sitting here silently waiting for the "statement of claim" once I get it I am going to submit a defence along with a counterclaim. Even if she withdraws her claim I am going to continue with mine. She has lied so many times she does not remember them all, giving different answers to the same question asked by different people. Unfortunately for her the answers are all on record. Anyway I am sitting here waiting. She was a terrible witness at the NMC hearing so I wonder what she is going to be like in a real court.

Pond31

Comment

Hi All
            I hope everyone is doing OK and the delays in cases caused by the pandemic are not to much for the new victims of FA's.

I just want to give you an update on my FA's attempt to sue me and my former employer for
            Last edited by Pond31; 19 September 2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Pond,

Hope all is well, did you accidentally click 'post' before finishing update?
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi All

I tried to post a long update but it did not work properly. So I will try a short one.

The FA is still suing me for

Comment

This forum is not working right I have written two posts that have been badly cropped once I post them. The previews look fine but once posted most of my post is gone.

Comment

Hi All

I tried to post a long update but it did not work properly. So I will try a short one.

The FA is still suing me hoping that my employer would settle out of court. I waited 9 months for their Statement of Claim and responded to it with my defence within 2 days. I have counter sued my FA, so that she has to come to court and prove her claims rather than withdrawing her case or coming to a settlement with my employer. I feel that I have annoyed her solicitor by doing so as they thought that I would just leave the case to my employer to deal with.

I am awaiting her defence to my counter claims, which will be a very interesting read. She accused me of civil and criminal harassment but lied in her affidavit and lied by omission in her statement to the police, so I am suing her for malicious prosecution. She also gave a statement to to my employer during their disciplinary investigation of my actions, this statement is not legally privileged in any way.so I have added defamation to my counter claim. She will have to prove her claims in the statement are true which will be impossible.

Anyway I am never giving up.

Comment

OK I figured the issue out the forum does not like me using the

Comment

you cannot use pound symbol in posts

Comment

Sounds like you have things well in hand Pond.

Please keep us updated and good luck with it all.

[Apologies for the pound sign glitch, I shall look into it]
                          Last edited by Peter1975; 19 October 2020, 09:14 PM.
                          For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                          https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
                          X