How much time does it roughly take???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time does it roughly take???

Hi I was falsely accused of rape about 15 months ago and after leaving police station while case has been left under investigation I have not heard anything at all from police apart from being able to collect my phone and bed sheets from station about 8 months ago is it possible the police don't always send a NFA letter it's really a nuicanse for me because I'm tryin to move forward in my life with moving into a new property and pushing forward with my career and I'm sorta still left in limbo with all the anxiety that comes with it many thanks for any advice to this

Hi Badtimes701.

Relatively few people get an NFA letter and it's not unknown for the OIC to forget to make the call to tell someone that an NFA decision has been reached. It's a very positive sign that they have returned all your property already and it wouldn't do any harm at all to give the OIC a call and ask what stage the investigation is at.

Don't be surprised if it takes a while to get in contact with him/her as returning your call is unlikely to be their main priority, but persevere on a regular basis if you get nothing back from them in the first instance. I know it can be difficult to move forward with this hanging over your head. Congratulations on surviving 15 months of this. I hope you get a swift response and a favourable answer.

Do let us know how you get on. :-)

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi mate thanks very much for the swift reply hopefully then it's a good sign fingers crossed IL try and contact them and IL keep this thread updated with any progress thanks for the advice

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. Good luck!! We have a tradition here of posting dancing bananas for those who get NFA or NG decisions, so be sure to let us know if we need to reply with some!!
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

False Allegations

I hope you get back good news. It is helpful for me to type out my feeling to a forum where other have/are being falsely accused. I am trying to live my live when accused of being of the most awful dad. I hope you get off. Innocence and Right must win out. I have to believe that is the case or I might as well give up and end it all.

Comment

Ive been on bail for rape for 4 and a half years. About 1 year ago i got a letter saying my property and clothing can be returned to me, i took it as a good sign.
            ive been arrested since for gbh and fighting and ive even been to prison for a year all while this is hanging over my head, Feels like its gone on for ever
            The false allegation ruined my life though ive attempted suicide and turnt to alcohol to cope. My friends know its all rubbish but that never stops the rumours.

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner and I hope you've had some progress in the last few months. Unfortunately, Covid is being used as an excuse for the justice system grinding to a halt. Hopefully things will start moving for you soon if they haven't already. I'm sorry to learn that you've been struggling but glad you have supportive friends.

Comment

Working...
              X