Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Accusation

Hi

I have been accused of Domestic Violence but not Rape. Still serious though, the accusation is Assault by Beating & Threats to Kill.

Hopefully you guys can still offer some advice.

I lived with my girlfriend, she would start a domestic and I would have to leave her house in the middle of the night several times and then move back in.

June 30. I had been out for dinner at a friends & stayed over. Got back the next day at 4pm. We made phone contact and texts, all was ok. She had gone to a local pub with her mate around 2pm, from the phone calls and slurring I knew she was a bit ######. Fair Play.

Around 8.45pm I get a call from her mate, saying "don't ask questions - come get her" so off I go.

It turns out that she had gone mental in the pub, i'm guessing at someone for whatever reason (the stories are sketchy and conflicting).

When she come out of the pub she was bright red in her face and chest, abusive, Mascara etc all over face from crying, Summer Dress straps not on her shoulders as the should be. looked a right nasty mess, would not get in the car having a go at me ???? Lots of CCTV at pub and shops adjacent. Lots of witness in the pub I guess ? Her mate, the landlord, his son, barmaids and whoever she had row with.

I have made a timeline of all calls messages etc and also from Google Timeline which plots every movement me & my phone make. I'm tracked by google !!

We get home and I have never ever seen any on go so ballistic, throwing, shouting, cursing especially when removed from a situation and people that upset them. It was a worrying time.

She does have mental health issues and she tells me she voluntarily went into psychiatric something for a few weeks. Dont have more on that. She takes loads of pills, smoke pot but again never took any interest in none of it.. By this point I was looking for the relationship to start magically working for the long term or moving on.

Ending the relationship also = homelessness so I did have to make plans.

So she would go ballistic, then calm down and ask for a cuddle then Shout "GET OFF ME" We even had sex at some time ??

Then we sat down and started watching telly. I fell asleep and then woke up to her going stupid again this time. By now she had more to drink and so did I have a few too but I was ok, had to be !!!

A drama ensued and she was now telling me to go again. I tried to get another night in the bed by trying to calm it all down but was not happening and she dialled 999. At that point i asked not to ring the cops and I would leave. I gathered some things, phone car keys .... laptop and walked away. Called a taxi.

Whilst the 99 was in progress she was again barging me out and struck me on my face. Pushing me out the door.

Previously I didn't want her to call the cops and I would leave quietly, I then said that she had assaulted me and I would wait for the Police and tell them so, with it all recorded by 999. Any way I walked out and left her to it.

Her version is that (i only know this from the interview) is that I dragged her around the flat by her hair, threw her on the bed put my knee on her chest and gagged her.

The police showed me one photo of her knee and leg which was not bruised. All I saw was two tiny little insect bite or spots. So I asked the interviewer what am I missing ? he said do you see that area there by the knee? I said yes but that's normal, can we get a picture of her other leg and both arms to compare. He went on to point out and say do you not see the dry skin there. Well not really. Am I here because she has dry skin ? HE laughed.

That was one picture !!!

I said, is that it - just one photo of her knee, so he said we have more but they are not very clear. - What do we make of that ????

In her version she has tried to fight me off, she is an average build girl fit and strong as nature made us, has good fingernails. I too go to the gym, lift weights and do cardio, try keep in good shape so I could easily hurt her, but didn't lift a finger.

Now I asked, On tape, Why are you not examining / photographing me for evidence or lack off that she did fight me off ? I reminded the officer that he was in a tape and video recorded interview 3 times.

3 times I asked will you conduct a thorough investigation by preserving CCTV evidence from pub etc, Witnesses from pub, 999 tapes and will you examine and photograph me.

Being a video interview I took of my t shirt any way and did a 360 and also offered to remove my trousers and kaks. He confirmed he saw no markings on me anywhere.

However he did promise to find a well lit room, on tape, and take pictures of me. Didn't do it !!! ??? Totally went back on his word. For that reason alone I have filed a complaint with the police.

No one else in the house but a neighbour did hear her shout GET OFF ME - That was explained earlier in the interview and above in the BLUE text.

I am released on bail pending further enquiries which are documented as

1 Witnesses
    2. 999 tape download.

Could anyone advise if this going anywhere. Any chance they charge me based on that.

Would they have not asked her how this row started and ended. What led to that assault that she is alleging with zero evidence ? And the Police failing to carry out a proper investigation.

The police confirm that she did not tell them about being pissed, abusive, rowing in the pub etc.

A call from her daughter, taking her side. That's natural now tells me that the Council Flat she lives in, she should not have moved me in, she was "taking a risk every day"

Also I knew she was on benefits. I never been on benefits so don't know the rules.

I would do a fir bit of the food shopping, always bought any alcohol we drank. No we are not everyday drinkers. And also wired money to her account on several occasions - Do I now have a duty to reveal that ?

Now that I am effectively homeless. I sleep in my car (nearly 2 weeks now - it is a Volvo xc90 so it is comfortable) and my gym membership is my bathroom too.

I park the car at night in a friends Skip Lorry yard where there is a cold tap but no toilet.

There is a small Portakabin with a fridge Microwave, desk and chairs that I have use of. They arrive at 6 30 am go off to work till 5pm, hand around in the yard for 20 mins have a chin wag and off they go home. Saturdays they are done by 10 am and Sundays the are off.

There is 24 hour gates and security here with CCTV which is great but living here breaks the terms of the lease.

Now I get by but this is not ideal and I do need to go to the council and beg for somewhere to live as funds are low and I am living hand to mouth, and not wasting money on anything other than food, phone, Car Insurance, Tax etc.

Im budgeting about £30 a week for tobacco and alcohol - i didn't think that was extravagant.

Now hen I go to the council they will want to know why I am homeless, was it intentional ? Is what the website suggests. What do I tell them other than the truth ?

Thank you kindly for any suggestions and opinions from you guys that will help to put this behind me and move forwards to a happier and better future. Plus side is that I am in good health.

thanks again
    Last edited by Geo; 12 July 2019, 03:51 PM. Reason: Edited to Spell Check

Hello Geo and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that you haven't had a response to your post but DM has always traditionally had more readers than posters.

Nobody here can tell you if you will be charged or not and I prefer not to hazard a guess, but it sounds as though you kept your wits about you, taking off your shirt and asking about preserving the CCTV etc... It should give them something to think about.

You don't say whether you had a solicitor present for the interview, something that is always recommended but it's not too late to speak to one or two who may give you some peace of mind while you wait for a charging decision.

Clearly you need to prioritise yourself, staying healthy and getting a place to live. I wish you luck and hope that your situation improves very soon.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
    X