Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend accused of Historical Child Sex offence

Hi all,

So my boyfriend and I have dated for 4 years... I know him so well. I know what he is and isn't capable of. He is 25(Born 1994) and has had a terrible childhood sadly losing his mother to MS when he was 15, back in 2009. During the same year he also lost his grandfather and his uncle divorced from his aunt(She married into the family). This lady remarried and the first marriage- to his uncle ended due to her cheating on them. They have 2 children a daughter born 2003(16yrs old presently) and a son born 2005(14yrs old presently).

My boyfriend has 2 sisters who have opted to go to university. He has helped look after the children prior to 2009. After 2009 he saw them less and less due to the divorce.

April 2019 he received a call stating he had been named as a suspect in a crime and he needed to attend a voluntary interview. He asked what it was regarding to which they said they could not disclose. He found himself a solicitor with a good history of cases and arranged a date suitable for all to find he had been accused of historical child sex offence.

The day of the interview came to which he found out his cousin(born 2003) had said that sometime in 2011 he had "Kissed her nipples whilst she slept" after a game of hide and seek. She states his sisters were not in which would ring true for them moving away to university. Hide and seek was a regular occurrence as the house is large(Lots of hiding spots). He cannot recall a time when they ever slept at his family home.

His cousin has lied in the past. Claiming she's unwell for school but during the interview he forgot this information. She consistently missed school due to not feeling well but her bluff was called.

He is fortunate that his grandmother is long lasting and is a nonagenarian(90+ years old) so every birthday of hers is celebrated as a family- awkward right?! When she got to her 91st birthday (2018) they all had a gathering with pictures and she did not seem awkward around him at all- sparking the question why now if it happened in 2011?

My boyfriend was hoping for his father and his sisters to believe that he has not committed this... to which they said they don't know who to believe. He later heard his dad on the phone claiming he is showing no emotion about the entire thing. His dad also informed him that when his aunt remarried the police arrested and charged and eventually imprisioned her 2nd husband of indecent images. He was around the children around the time of the alleged offence, however, his cousin is adament it was at his family home and was conducted by my boyfriend.

My boyfriend is also worried due to a girl he dated previously was 15 nearly 16 to which his family know about. His family have heard he was intimate with this girl. Police were involved back then to which she issued a statement stating she's pursuing him and he has emails from back them that he sent stating he would not have sex with her until legal age.

The solicitor on the case is aware of her 2nd husbands conviction. His uncle(her father) is next to be questioned but he is worried that his family are not going to be honest due to not knowing who to believe.

He is so upset and down and has fully affected him regardless of whether he is showing it in his face.

HELP please

Hello Tilly,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles but I hope that we can provide some reassurance.

The vast majority of these cases do not make it to court and while I cannot guarantee this, from what you say, there is good reason to doubt the accusers story.

If your partner feels that he forgot anything at interview then he should talk to his solicitor, unfortunately, there is no legal aid for them to make further representations to the police and he may have to pay for advice but it could be worth it

There is no shame in your boyfriend talking to his doctor an getting some medication and counselling. Being accused of a sexual offence is not something that just be brushed off but with your support, which is no doubt priceless to him, he will get through this.

Fingers crossed, the police will decide to take no further action ( NFA) in due course.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
    X