X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts please

Hi

My story in brief.

I was a support worker for a young person (male 15) he has a long history of being a fantasist. He thinks pink the singer stole his lyrics for one of her song, won a Victoria cross and almost on a daily basis attacked staff to initiate a restraint, then would say he was injured and be taken to hospital, or he would pretend to have illness from appendicitis , to heart failure. In the 12 months I worked with him he went to hospital with invented illnesses probably a 100 times and had so many X-rays there was a real worry he would get cancer, he also persistently had crutches or an arm or both arms in casts, he did not need any, but refused to leave the hospital until he got them.

He accused myself once and a colleague of raping him while running around in the community, the police turned up and he told them he didn't know us, we showed our ID and a member from the office came the incident with documentation proving he was in our care, once this young man new the game was up, he banged his own head of a wall infant of the police, pretended to have a fit then spent the next couple of days in hospital with another invented illness.

last summer I was involved in another incident in the community were he said I broke his arm, I hadn't. his arm was already in a brace anyway, but I was still suspended. During the same incident, a colleague was sacked for pushing this young man (his legs was also in a brace, I kid you not) who fell over, but my colleague was getting punched in the face by him and only used minimal force. The house manager is also in an industrial tribunal as a result of this young man, 10 members of staff have left as a result of the handling of this young man, the home has closed and his placement needed as the company could not handle him. I resigned after the police investigation found I did nothing wrong.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. knock on my door, social services are knocking on my door to see if I'm abusing my sone, he's 13. The young man in question made another allegation against me of a sexual nature, not fully sure what the details are. last year I was a witness to a crime this young man committed, I carried out a citizens arrest restrained him until the police arrived and gave a statement against him. He eventually plead guilty and the week before he was sentenced made the allegation. Funny that isn't it.

I don't know if I'm being investigated, if social services have closed the case. am I going to even get questioned?

I spoke with one of my old colleagues yesterday who is his case worker and he wrote all the risk assessments and he said it is absolutely in his character to do this crazy allegation stuff. He is not a credible witness, he's made allegations before, and he has a motive to wish to seek revenge, I basically got him arrested.

Am I going mad, as even after all this I still feel like it will go wrong for me.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Chris

P.S there is evidence for all of the above and more (when I say evidence, I mean that prove he is a liar and has motives)

Hi,

Have you actually be arrested by the police?

Remember that the Police/CPS now have to pass two stage Full Code Test for a prosecution to go to court.

The Police/CPS would need independent witnesses, medical or CCTV evidence before charges are made.

Hopefully the days of the Police/CPS making charges for rape without evidence have ended.

By the sounds of it I do not believe you have to worry about.

Unhappy

Comment

Hi

No I haven't been arrested or questioned. I'm in Limbo, don't know whats happening!

absolutely no physical evidence of course, just his word against mine. All my colleagues will back me up, as will paper work.

Bloody thing gets in your head though. I think I'm in a pretty strong position, but its still a worry.

God knows what it must be like for the poor buggers who are in a more precarious position, as this is still pretty bad. My eyes have been opened to just how **** this is for people.

thanks for the reply

Comment

Hello and welcome to DM Chris, ( You may wish for some details to be redacted as this is a public site, please contact admin if this is the case)

From the sounds of it, you shouldn't have too much to worry about but our standard advice, to write down everything in a timeline and research a decent solicitor just in case always applies.

Please keep us posted. Good luck.
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

[Hi Chris; I've deleted your identical introductory posts in other threads as it would be difficult to coordinate and 'watch' replies]
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Chris

As a mental health nurse I know where you are coming from completely. Both my FA's had history of mental health problems. The issue here is the police will probably know about your client in a professional manner and know they are most likely lying. Unfortunately they may not be able to ignore their claims because ignoring a persons false claim because the FA has mental health issues would look negative.

The police can decide that the accusations are false and take no action if they wish but they may be forced to investigate the matter. If you are lucky they may simply follow the procedures as quickly as they can and drop the case asap, however if you are unlucky they may decide to waste their time going through the whole process. The OIC in my second NFA knew at the end of the FA's ABE interview that the case was rubbish but instead of dropping the matter he passed in on to the prosecution, who then dropped it in record breaking time.

As you said there is a load of evidence showing you FA has repeatedly behaved in a manner that bring his honesty into doubt. It appears to guarantee that you will not be charged. Unfortunately you may have to suffer months or even years of stress. My advice is to look after yourself and build a protective network. I am sure you understand that working with clients with mental health issues means you risk them making false accusations.

Pond31

Comment

sexual orientation

Hi

Thanks for the sound advice. I have took legal advice from 3 sources and all say I have nothing to worry about (still worrying though). I had some valuable info regarding my FA (is that false accuser?) so called the local police who were stumped as they new nothing much about it. Basically where fake incident happened is miles away from FA's current location. I did get a call back off local police with investigating officer. Turns out the FA hasn't even made an official complaint, has only spoke to staff at his current institution.

The police once I told them of his fake allegations to which they asked was the proof and there is 4 witnesses, paper work and police and 2 ambulances turned up and the fact that I was key in his (FA) latest arrest and sentencing. The Police chap seemed to be very sensible should I say and told me of the process and was certainly only looking to establish the truth, which was good.

My question here, is something that came to me in the early hours: Now I am going to point out a big massive white elephant in the room here, as to me at least this is a bit of a give away..........I am not gay, never been gay, everyone from my sisters, to friends to er hm search history and if my wife was alive, who died last year, could attest that I am a red blooded heterosexual. Now, would a man, who was 49, who is an easily provable straight man, turn gay (nothing against being gay so PC police please take a seat) while his wife of 22 years who is dyeing of cancer (she was ill all of last year while I was looking after FA) change sexual orientation and sexually assault a male teenager who has serious hygiene and mental health issues? Surely sexual orientation is something of a big massive elephant in the room?

Thanks guys

Chris

Comment

Three legal opinions would seem to point to an eventually happy conclusion so try not to worry too much and carry on with your daily routine in the meantime.
                For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
                X