Falsely accused and convicted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused and convicted!

Hi everybody, I hope everyone is triumphing through their struggles. I have been through my own struggles the last 5 and a half years and I hope to explain my situation. Me and my co-defendant have been falsely convicted of rape in 2013, a crime we did not do. I fought the case but was gutted when the verdict was guilty with no evidence to support rape, I was given bail until my sentencing and went on the run due to the panic, sadness and anxiety of this miscarriage of justice. My co-defendant has actually done the time. Their was also a 3rd person who absconded, however he came back and beat the case and it was dismissed partly due to some evidence that was not in my hands and good solicitation. This has given me the strength to decide to come back to the UK (which is my home) to see if I can get an appeal and hopefully use any evidence and better solication which will come in handy. I am fully aware that I might not get an appeal however I don’t know how else to live my life, I miss my family, friends and have lost the love of my life to this dark cloud hanging over my head, so please wish me luck through these uncertain times.

I would be so grateful for any type of support possible to help me get through the most difficult time of my life.

Thank you everybody and I wish the best for all your trails and tribulations!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Yours is an 'interesting' situation which I don't think has been encountered on the forum before so we may struggle to offer any practical help in the way forward however I'm sure we will all offer moral support as there have been several instances of members being found guilty when there was no evidence to justify this.

Please don't answer this if you'd rather not but are the police/justice system aware that you have returned to the UK? Presumably you will be required to start your sentence before launching an appeal against it? (This of course making it rather more difficult to deal with solicitors!)

I'm not very knowledgeable on the leave to appeal process except I know that the defendant must have pleaded 'not guilty' for the trial and has to show 'good reason' for not commencing the procedure within 28 days of the verdict or sentencing, whichever was later.

Obviously the choice of a good legal team is paramount and in this respect recommendations for members as to firms they have used may be helpful; you can always make contact by phone in the first instance to see if they will take your case on.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors

https://www.defence-barrister.co.uk/...urt-conviction
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks, I’m currently abroad, and looking to give myself up to the uk police very soon. The moral support is very much appreciated. As I hope to lodge an appeal due to the good news of one my co-defendants beating the case, I would also very much appreciate any information that could help me on my appeal also.

After the atrocious verdict reach against me I have really become scared of women and even the justice system.

I think to myself how can justice fail me

Comment

Originally posted by Moementsss View Post
        Thanks, I’m currently abroad, and looking to give myself up to the uk police very soon. The moral support is very much appreciated. As I hope to lodge an appeal due to the good news of one my co-defendants beating the case, I would also very much appreciate any information that could help me on my appeal also.

After the atrocious verdict reach against me I have really become scared of women and even the justice system.

I think to myself how can justice fail me
        Please contact a solicitor before turning yourself in!

Comment

I definitely will contact a solicitor before handing myself in. Thanks for the support

Comment

Working...
          X