Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

Hi

This is really good news that it looks like things are moving to a close.

While a persons mental health is no excuse for perverting the course of justice, in my case my solicitor 'strongly suggested' that the CPS would not consider charges as the chances of a conviction were very low. Then while it was legally possible to pursue my accuser in a civil case, that would be expensive with low chances of success.

She went on to also explain that while I may feel that my FA had wronged me I should think long and hard before deciding to take action. My FA would be legally protected from any publicity where as I would not. Then it was likely that the publicity a case would get could do a significant amount of damage to my reputation (including employability).

If I did not win I would need to pay costs as well as my reputation being trashed - its a loose - loose - loose.... possibly win (a bit) situation on the chance of minor compensation or a hollow victory.

The best to hope for is that you walk away with a NFA accept it and the limitations it places on your life and move on.

Now I know it goes against every feeling of justice and fairness (it did with me at the time) - but looking back it was good advice when given my NFA

The moral high ground is an expensive place & FAs are all mental ****ed up sad shadows of human beings who do not matter don't give them the attention.

Over to you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 298 View Post
      Hi

This is really good news that it looks like things are moving to a close.

While a persons mental health is no excuse for perverting the course of justice, in my case my solicitor 'strongly suggested' that the CPS would not consider charges as the chances of a conviction were very low. Then while it was legally possible to pursue my accuser in a civil case, that would be expensive with low chances of success.

She went on to also explain that while I may feel that my FA had wronged me I should think long and hard before deciding to take action. My FA would be legally protected from any publicity where as I would not. Then it was likely that the publicity a case would get could do a significant amount of damage to my reputation (including employability).

If I did not win I would need to pay costs as well as my reputation being trashed - its a loose - loose - loose.... possibly win (a bit) situation on the chance of minor compensation or a hollow victory.

The best to hope for is that you walk away with a NFA accept it and the limitations it places on your life and move on.

Now I know it goes against every feeling of justice and fairness (it did with me at the time) - but looking back it was good advice when given my NFA

The moral high ground is an expensive place & FAs are all mental ****ed up sad shadows of human beings who do not matter don't give them the attention.

Over to you :-)
      Hi 298

I am sorry but if we repeatedly let FA's get away with things because it will be a long hard journey, then the system will never change. I have went after not only my FA's but the the police who ignored their lies. I will not let them get away with things and I don't care who knows what I was accused off, as if I let things go then the police will keep on destroying peoples lives without consideration. This is my choice and you of course have the right to do what you want.

pond31

Comment

calm cold eyes open

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
        Hi 298

I am sorry but if we repeatedly let FA's get away with things because it will be a long hard journey, then the system will never change. I have went after not only my FA's but the the police who ignored their lies. I will not let them get away with things and I don't care who knows what I was accused off, as if I let things go then the police will keep on destroying peoples lives without consideration. This is my choice and you of course have the right to do what you want.

pond31
        OK thats is your choice I'm not here to pick an argument.

These are times when emotions are high people are angry and so poor times to be making what could be life altering decisions.

If you really want go after your accuser to there is no harm in waiting a little, have a calm cold plan and your eyes open.

Most solicitors and barristers with your best interest at heart will tell you never go to court unless your need to. But if you need to 'Go all in and fight for your life'.

Comment

Many thanks to Pond and 298 for their replies.

The next steps are always a personal choice. Perverting the course of justice is a serious crime and thus requires serious evidence.

There is merit in Pond's approach, although because of his need for eDBS in his area of employment, his proactive stance is perhaps more important.

The downside of pursuing "justice" at all costs is probably a mental one. I've seen more than a few simply lose the plot and become paranoid shadows of themselves. Don't let this be you.

If justice can realistically be pursued without too much cost then it's not for me to discourage anyone, however, proving an allegation false is notoriously difficult and this is basically what you must prove.

How much time are you losing?

Hasn't the accuser already taken enough?

One way or another, you must put this behind you
          For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
          https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
          X