Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I will try and be brief but need advice ASAP; I was seeing a girl who was ten years my younger, I am 33. She asks me if she can move in to my home as she told me she had no where to stay and her things needed taking out of storage. I later found out this was untrue as a mutual friend of ours kept and offered to bring her things to mine as I had accepted that she would stay. I asked her if she was willing to sleep in my room and she explained she was happy to and also would begin to pay rent back as soon as she began work. The day she moved in the mutual friend demanded money from myself saying she had owed him thousands of pounds and was threatening to contact my work and social services about my cannabis use, he even went as far as visiting her mother who lived over 50 miles away! I payed him again on another occassion and I ended up parting with around 3 thousand pounds total which was transferred to his account.

I thought everything woul have been going smoothly at first but there was always the fear that this 'mutual' friend may creep back and demand she owed him more money. The second time he claimed I had broken up there friendship and claimed was suffering because of my actions. He also claimed that he wanted to make me suffer.

The girl left on the cusp of her starting her new job. The nice she moved out she decided to call me and began asking me if I was OK. She then hang up the phone and called back saying she was angry referring to a time where she had fell asleep. She went on to profess that I had raped. I then receive a phonecall from the mutual friend a minute after claiming that the girl had told him and he began to accuse me of raping her and doing things that couldn't have been further from the truth, this conversation has now be sent to the police by one of them and the girl has been interviewed. I was called for a voluntary interview whereby I stated my case. I was told by the solicitor that money was mentioned in the recording however the officer asked nothing of this.

Cannabis was mentioned in the voluntary interview which I admitted we both smoked but not necessarily on that occassion. I mentioned little to nothing about the money involved to the officer in charge of the interview but I may have to explain this should this go any further. I am now stressing so much about my occupation, the officer said he would let me know if I needed to inform work of this case as I work in a regulated industry. I now don't know where to turn, I am lost. If anyone can offer me any advice reguarding this case I would appretiate it as I am waiting to hear back and it has only been 10 days since the interview.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by d4ve; 8 January 2019, 11:12 PM.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

[I've moved your post to a more appropriate section of the forum]

There is some non-specific advice in the link below which may be helpful:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
    Last edited by Casehardened; 9 January 2019, 05:20 AM.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Welcome to DM D4ve, although I am sorry as always that anyone should find themselves here.

Casehardend's what happens now is an excellent place to start to begin to understand the process. You will also find many excellent posts going back over the years that may help you to understand that you are not the first to walk the path you are now on. You are certainly not alone and have support here.

As a way of some reassurance, the vast majority of these cases go no further than an investigation but very sadly, most cases also lack the evidence needed to prove innocence beyond a reasonable doubt so there may be repercussions to your employment if you require an enhanced DBS and work with vulnerable adults or children.

My advice is to take each step as it comes and try not to drive yourself mad imagining worst case scenarios - inevitable at times but I have seen many people drive themselves round the twist when it turns out there was no need.

Above all else though, you need legal advice and to choose a solicitor that you are confident with. There is no legal aid for pre charge advice but the duty (?) sol that you had at interview may be happy to follow this up without charging you for their time - start there.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

I've just had the good news it's been NFA due to insufficient evidence. She managed to get the dates wrong her and the bloke definately set me up because they didn't want to pay me back. Now the Police could investigate them however I am not going to prosecute.

Comment

Great that it's been NFA'd so quickly and if there was a blackmail element to the accusation the police definitely ought to prosecute her for this; however I suspect that this won't go ahead 'because we don't want to discourage genuine victims from coming forward' especially if you're not (quite understandably!) willing to testify in court.

I'm pleased to be able to dish out the customary bananas for a NFA ....
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Good news is always welcome here D4ve and I'm happy that the police have done their work well and very quickly too.

For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Good quick result

Comment

Strangely enough I was on the telephone to the FASO (False Allegation Support Organisation) which I recommend the number is 0844 335 1992.

A man called 'Simon' took my details and as I was explaining my situation I entered my home to find a brown envelope pertaining the informationt that insufficient evidence was given but stated she could appeal.

He told me he had been through a situation much worse I quickly thanked him and broke down.

I am worried about repucussions that might happen but pleased that my local police force (Sussex) dealt with the situation exceptionally.

Comment

Excellent result and quick too!!!

Please try not to worry too much about her appealing etc. It sounds as though it would be very unwise for her to do so. Few do appeal and of those that do, few succeed.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                    Excellent result and quick too!!!

Please try not to worry too much about her appealing etc. It sounds as though it would be very unwise for her to do so. Few do appeal and of those that do, few succeed.

I will add for the benefit of our "lurking" readers that it is always advised to keep any evidence and paperwork at the back of drawer just in case. - The victims right to review scheme has a 3 month time limit but any case that is NFA can be re opened if new evidence comes to light and there is no limit on this.

I would second frantics advice not to worry too much though , You are in the clear and can rest easy unless or until you hear otherwise, which is usually never.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                      Great that it's been NFA'd so quickly and if there was a blackmail element to the accusation the police definitely ought to prosecute her for this; however I suspect that this won't go ahead 'because we don't want to discourage genuine victims from coming forward' especially if you're not (quite understandably!) willing to testify in court.

I'm pleased to be able to dish out the customary bananas for a NFA ....
                      Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
                      I will add for the benefit of our "lurking" readers that it is always advised to keep any evidence and paperwork at the back of drawer just in case. - The victims right to review scheme has a 3 month time limit but any case that is NFA can be re opened if new evidence comes to light and there is no limit on this.

I would second frantics advice not to worry too much though , You are in the clear and can rest easy unless or until you hear otherwise, which is usually never.
                      Indeed, the letter did state there was no limit to the case being re opened and mentioned if evidence came to light (which it won't) however I am certain that the Police officer that dealt with this case was very clued up about what was really going on as I'm sure he had dealt with hundreds if not thousands of cases of a similar nature. It puts the faith back into the Police again. I had strong support from friends and family and was under no illusion as to what did and could have proceeded; my advice is to be as truthful as possible down to the last detail. I was prepared to fight this to trial, because I knew I was in the right and had truth on my side.

Bless all that are going through this, it has been such a painful few months for me and wouldn't wish this on anyone.
                      Last edited by d4ve; 13 January 2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve View Post
                        Indeed, the letter did state there was no limit to the case being re opened and mentioned if evidence came to light (which it won't) however I am certain that the Police officer that dealt with this case was very clued up about what was really going on as I'm sure he had dealt with hundreds if not thousands of cases of a similar nature..

"New evidence" could be a further claim in the future, perhaps you could be unfortunate enough to be accused again by someone else ( it has happened ) - I know of a couple of cases where this has happened years after an NFA and the police have lost the original evidence - keep everything safe just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
                          "New evidence" could be a further claim in the future, perhaps you could be unfortunate enough to be accused again by someone else ( it has happened ) - I know of a couple of cases where this has happened years after an NFA and the police have lost the original evidence - keep everything safe just in case.
                          before visiting this site and being accused myself, I never knew how widespread this was but I will be much more careful about who I associate with.

Comment

Working...
                          X