FA In Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scottishandscared View Post
    Just an update. Today my brother recieved a call from the police, unfortunately he panicked and didn't pick up. It seems crazy but I suppose you just cant imagine or really understand the fear that must have shot through him unless you have been in that position. He said he just froze when he seen the number and his body became paralysed so much so he couldn't actually answer the call, he stared at the phone until the call ended then he started shaking and vomited.
    We don't know what they were calling for, could be a number of reasons from wanting another interview to actually laying the charges. So we expect them to phone back tomorrow and he is ready to take the call. Good or bad news atleast its something.
    As always, love and best wishes to you all.
    Hi Scottishandscared

If you brother has problems like I did, maybe instead of waiting for the police to call he should call them first. This means he can do it when someone is there with him to give him support.

I still get nervous after my case and jump when I hear knocks at the door.

Pond31

Comment

Just answer the damn phone! - It could be good news or it could be a further interview, an ID parade ( also more common in Scotland for some reason ) - or who knows what.

I like Pond's advice to call them back at a convenient time when he has support.

The point is, this is happening and no amount of ducking the issue will help.

Being falsely accused is hard but I have yet to see anyone that failed to cope.

While having the truth on your side is never a guarantee, it is always an advantage and with friends and family for support, everyone gets through this, I promise.

Hang in there.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

No updates, they haven't called back yet
        I guess the only advantage is there hasnt been any knocks on the door either.

Pond31 I think that's a great idea, I will suggest this and find a time we can be around.

Peter1975 you are absolutely right. It's happening and I didn't see this reaction coming at all. Next time it rings (if he hasn't already got through) he is ready and prepared to answer.

Comment

Any update ScottishandScared? As everyone said it's not a problem that will go away so the best thing is always to face it head on and be proactive. Don't just wait about for a call, contact them and find out what's its for. Otherwise you sit about worrying about all the eventualities rather than the reality

Comment

Hi. No not as such anyway. The reason they were trying to call my brother was to speak to him about a complaint. Apparantly his car had been seen by the FA around her house and she reported this to the police who in turn wanted to speak to him. Thankfully he was able to account for his movements at the day/time in question as he was actually away Christmas shopping with his wife many miles from that location. He told the police to check the cctv of the shopping centre car park and they will see him enter and exit at specific times to prove he couldn't have been near her address, not to mention the many cameras he would have been on during his journey there and back. That said, they were not interest in checking cctv, they did say that they were aware there was no actual rules in place to say he cant be in the area as after all he has no bail conditions but ofcourse it wasn't a good idea and she could push for intimidation/harassment. !!! They advised him it must have been a mistaken identity, they would let it go and to continue to keep his head down. This was just officers he spoke to, not the CID who are dealing with the allegations. The officer told him she had to follow up the complaint or else the rape support groups (UNBELIEVABLE) she is receiving would be all over it causing uproar.
            They believed his account without many concerns and left it at that, she said she would let the FA know it likely wasnt him.
            I'm so angry. She is determined to ruin an innocent man. All I can hope for is if she is being so careless now, she will have been careless in her statements and hopefully in future she will slip up somewhere.
            Imagine if he had no proof of his whereabouts, her complaint would have been logged as truthfull. Disgusting, scary and completely bias.
            Anyway hope u are all well.

Comment

Oh good grief Scottishandscared,

This is not the first time I have heard of further false allegations of harassment or stalking and I have to say that yes, it was lucky that you could show your whereabouts and can only advise to make sure you can leave a trail of breadcrumbs in case she tries this again. If she does and you can prove that you were elsewhere then it might undermine her case. Make sure your solicitor knows about this.

Rather despicable to use the resources of a charity for genuine victims but there ya go, false accusers are despicable.
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
              https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Hi all. I'm just checking in as it's been a while, So it's around to 6 months since my brothers arrest on suspicion. As I said before he was only charged with offence in relation to abusive messages (no evidence of these, just her word and him admitting he did indeed use FB messanger)

The rape and assault allegations remained "under investigation" when he was released from custody.

My brother and his family had planned a little holiday just to a lovely English village so felt it a good time to check in with the solicitor and advise he was going away. In turn the solicitor thought it worth while to chase the PF and ask for any updates. This is where I feel very frightened. The solicitor received a reply from the PF saying they had not made a decision as yet and are currently making further enquiries.
                Further enquiries? That seems terribly worrying to me, in my mind I see this as them having found something to go on and trying to strengthen whatever they have.

I spoke to his wife about this but she is clutching to the small hopes she has from the beginning. Nothing I feel very confident about but it gives her strength to get through the day so that's what she needs to do. She clings to the fact the officer told her that it was unlikely to reach court and that there wasn't much evidence. And when my brother was arrested she asked if he would be home that night, to which the officer replied "I would think so"

She feels because they were very friendly with her while taking a statement that they are sensible and honest but I know that the ultimate decision doesn't lay with them but with the PF.
                Does anyone know to what extent the investigating officer actually has any influence, if any?

I will also say that in relation the the charges he has, there has not been any further movement here either.

As always I hope you are all well and keeping strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishandscared View Post
                  Hi all. I'm just checking in as it's been a while, So it's around to 6 months since my brothers arrest on suspicion. As I said before he was only charged with offence in relation to abusive messages (no evidence of these, just her word and him admitting he did indeed use FB messanger)

The rape and assault allegations remained "under investigation" when he was released from custody.

My brother and his family had planned a little holiday just to a lovely English village so felt it a good time to check in with the solicitor and advise he was going away. In turn the solicitor thought it worth while to chase the PF and ask for any updates. This is where I feel very frightened. The solicitor received a reply from the PF saying they had not made a decision as yet and are currently making further enquiries.
                  Further enquiries? That seems terribly worrying to me, in my mind I see this as them having found something to go on and trying to strengthen whatever they have.

I spoke to his wife about this but she is clutching to the small hopes she has from the beginning. Nothing I feel very confident about but it gives her strength to get through the day so that's what she needs to do. She clings to the fact the officer told her that it was unlikely to reach court and that there wasn't much evidence. And when my brother was arrested she asked if he would be home that night, to which the officer replied "I would think so"

She feels because they were very friendly with her while taking a statement that they are sensible and honest but I know that the ultimate decision doesn't lay with them but with the PF.
                  Does anyone know to what extent the investigating officer actually has any influence, if any?

I will also say that in relation the the charges he has, there has not been any further movement here either.

As always I hope you are all well and keeping strong.
                  “Further enquiries“ could mean a wide range of things, from we've not looked at it for a while, plus it just makes it sound like they are actively working on the case.... Where in fact they might of been dealing with other cases.

Comment

Working...
                  X