Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend accused by ex who is talking about it on social media

Hi everyone,
    I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year now and he is wonderful. Unfortunately about a month into our relationship, his ex girlfriend ( who was reportedly abusive and has Borderline personality disorder) accused him of rape. I am almost certain that she is lying. He says he recalls nothing from the incident. They were drunk on a night out before he and I got together where him, her and her best friend fell asleep on the same bed. She claimed that he anally raped her in the middle of the night and one of the many things that makes me suspicious is that her friend slept through all of it, saying that the reason she did is because she has narcolepsy, and she definitely does not.

Anyway, his ex and her friend have been talking about it on twitter attacking him, me (I’ve never met either of them) and anyone who has continued to associate with him. The tweets are anything ranging from sarcastic *****y comments to violent threats. Some of his friends have also had hateful messages sent to them (usually hundreds at a time.) this has been constant for almost a year now. She has not gone to the police and has refused to do so.

My boyfriends parents went to a solicitor for some advice who said that mediation was the way forward. He contacted her, simply asking if she was prepared to talk. She has been very stubborn and accused him of being deliberately nasty by contracting her and is refusing to open up any dialogue. She has also sent him hateful messages and on one occasion got drunk and told him over text that she still loved him.

I am sick and tired of it all, it has really affected me. I want me and my boyfriend to be happy without this following us around, yet neither of us have any idea what to do now. I just wish there was someone or something that could put an end to this. I would appreciate any advice at all.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The clue to this accusation is in your first line: " Unfortunately about a month into our relationship, his ex girlfriend ( who was reportedly abusive and has Borderline personality disorder) accused him of rape."....she's upset at their relationship ending and is seeking revenge. If you have a look through the postings on the forum you will note many very similar tales.

At least she has not gone as far as taking the allegation through the justice system. You may be tempted to take this to the police yourselves however if you did this there is a possibility that they will investigate the allegation on the basis it might actually be correct.

You asked for advice but if the solicitor that was consulted couldn't suggest any legal steps then I don't suppose we will be able to come up with anything but there are a lot of members on the forum who have had practical experience of dealing with adversity so someone may be able to help you cope, so this response is by way of a 'bump' for your post.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I would keep away from the Police and ensure every message of abuse, or any communication is kept and backed up in the event anything does progress.

Comment

Working...
      X