Maliciously accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maliciously accused

Just wanted to let you all know I have been following this site for a long time following my own malicious allegation that I now find myself buried under. I have just plucked up the courage to talk about it and am at the mercy now of the CPS as the file has gone off to them...……..even with no evidence (other than her word of course!!!)

A co-worker of mine has got into some trouble at work and has maliciously accused me of the dreaded offence (occurring a good number of years ago) to try and deflect the attention from them. I'm now under investigation by the police (voluntary attendance fortunately - I wasn't arrested) and have been moved offices whilst it is looked at. I know that all my colleagues are behind me and they don't believe a word this person has come out with as the details are quite frankly ridiculous, however this doesn't really help me out. I can't take any more and have got signed off sick by my doctor.

I have sought out some CBT which has helped me manage some of the continuous worrying about worst case scenario replaying out in my head over and over again (me stood in bloody crown court!! ).

All I can think about is the worst case scenario of me being brought in front of a crown court and having the possibility of going to prison for something I have not, and would never do.

I can't talk to my parents because they will just worry sick. I have a professional job and have never even had a cross word from a manager, let alone any involvement with the police. Quite frankly I'm pooing my pants. I have spoken to my wife clearly and she has been fantastic - a true best friend.

I have confided in one close friend who has been great and really gets it but I just feel completely powerless and am waiting for someone who doesn't know either of us to make a life changing decision.

I've sought out some CBT which has helped me look at ways to deal with everything and have accessed some local mental health services but I have one question I still can't get my head around. Why would someone make such a hideous allegation up against me?

To top it all off my partner and I have been going through fertility treatment for the last 2 years and have very recently had a failed round of IVF.

Two really difficult situations have hit me both at once and although the CBT has helped a little bit I can't stop doubting myself, thinking about who can I ever trust again and how am I going to cope with potentially seeing this person again at work when I return after the matter is resolved.

Why on earth would this evil person make up such a thing????

If anyone has been through a similar situation I'd very much like to have a chat.

Originally posted by anonymousguy30 View Post

If anyone has been through a similar situation I'd very much like to have a chat.
    Hello and welcome (officially) to the forum,

Lots more folk view the forum than post so I guess there may be many more in your situation (i.e not wanting to discuss the accusation publically) so it'd great you now feel able to make that step; this is the first part of the healing process.

Regarding 'chatting' with other members, just to mention that you won't be able to exchange pm's until you have been registered for 10 days and have made 5 posts, and of course its best not to include contact details in your posts.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks

I just can't believe how many people are in similar situations!! Reading this forum is so scary and is enough to make anyone seriously consider getting actual consent forms signed before doing anything in future.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Anonymousguy...

Although you may have read one of my earlier posts on another thread stating that the majority of NFA disposals are police decisions, the CPS decide not to prosecute in nearly 40% of cases referred to them so there is hope they will review all of the facts and come to the right decision.

Remember too that a charge does not necessarily mean a conviction or even a court case. You have a long way to go yet.

It sounds like you have some good support with a loving wife and I'm glad to hear you have sought some help with CBT.

Motive can go a long way to providing reasonable doubt so you have that in your favour.

Hang in there.
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thanks Peter, it's the waiting that's the worst part. I've heard some horror stories about the CPS and that they make some bizarre decisions. I know myself that there is literally no evidence and that there's no conceivable way I could be charged but it doesn't stop the worrying.

What on earth am I supposed to do when I see this person again? What on earth do I do? I'm not sure I will be able to bite my tongue.

Comment

Those are not just horror stories AG, the CPS DO make some bizarre and frankly ludicrous decisions but not always and as the steady stream of mostly NFA/ NG verdicts show us in the groups, there is always hope that they will do their job and assess all of the evidence properly.

The job of the CPS is to save public money and only prosecute where there is a realistic prospect of conviction so we can say that they get this wrong around half of the time.

I'm afraid "literally no evidence" doesn't make any legal sense. There is (made up) eyewitness testimony and that is enough to bring charges.

You cannot afford to be complacent or trust in the legal system to uncover the facts for you but neither is there any reason to despair or think things are hopeless.

The odds are in your favour but please follow the standard advice you see here on this forum and gather as much intel and detail as you can in between trying to stay healthy and with a positive mindset.

Hopefully you won't need it but there are no guarantees.

As for the accuser, you WILL bite your tongue, cross the street or walk the other way. Not only would you not want to give them the satisfaction of showing them that they succeeded in getting to you but from a legal perspective, the offences of witness intimation and harassment carry a reversed burden of proof meaning that the accuser only has to say that you threatened them or behaved in a threatening manner and you would have to prove otherwise*

It really is best to steer clear.

* I think this is correct - Remember I am not legally trained! - Ask your solicitor for advice here. I believe charges for witness intimidation are possible for 12 months after a NFA or NG verdict - I shall endeavour to find out.

Hang in there
            Last edited by Peter1975; 6 August 2018, 07:56 PM.
            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Oh yes, I'm well aware of that regarding intimidation and I have no intention of doing anything like that. I would just find it so hard not to ask one question...…"why?".

I think I'm in a tricky situation because we both work in the TV industry and with all the latest sexual misconduct amongst celebrities and media figures etc etc I strongly suspect the police will have been under some pressure to send the case to CPS rather than make the decision themselves.

I know from what the officers have told me that there is only her disclosure. I also know that there is CCTV which discredits part of her account and also I have put forward some witnesses who will also give a different version of events to what she put forward. This is why I suspect there is some pressure to send it to CPS as from what I have read on these forums I can't see how this would be sent under "normal" circumstances.

Comment

You don't have to actually intimidate them, they only need to say that they were intimidated. You might only say hello, but they can claim something different. It really is best to steer clear.

If you google witness intimidation, it can be something as simple as staring at them outside a courtroom - which seems ridiculous but imagine witnessing say a violent armed robbery and then some Tommy Robinson type thugs staring at you while you give evidence...

And yes, you are probably right. The police could NFA this themselves but would perhaps rather pass the buck.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                X