Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!

This is a fairly long story but I’d appreciate some help if you can. Over 10 years ago i went through the ordeal of being accused of molesting two girls which were the daughters of my ex girlfriend.

At the time they was at their fathers while he was trying to get custody of them. At one point I was charged of the crimes and had to leave the family home and live with my grandmother. After two and a half years the cps entered no evidence and the judge informed me that I was found not guilty.

I put that part of my life into my past and tried hard to build what was left of my life back up again. In 2013 the girls contacted their mum and asked to move back into our home as the relationship with their father had decreased. They did so and the youngest even apologised about everything. When my best friend died in 2015 they was there to hug me and one even bought me some gifts!

After a while my relationship with my ex became toxic and horrid and I made the decision to leave.

I found myself a wonderful person and in September 2016 we started a relationship that has blossomed and we get married this year.

However, this year we had a baby girl and since then I have had the occasional message telling me that “I will get what’s coming to me” from the youngest girl.

I have found out that the youngest is now seeking to find a lawyer and to take a polygraph test with a view to reopening the case.

I am absolutely terrified and I do not want to go through that horrible ordeal again.

Can you offer any sort of advice?

Thank you

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sorry that you have had old wounds reopened however you were found formally NG in relation to the previous charge. My belief is that the police will not reopen an investigation unless the complainant produces new evidence i.e. additional to what was available previously.

Polygraph/lie detector evidence is not admissible for the purposes of prosecuting a trial so the result of this will not be a factor.

Hopefully if she does consult a lawyer he will give her appropriate advice but I would suggest having any paperwork relating to the previous NG verdict handy just in case she goes directly to the police and for some reason they don't link to the previous inquiry before knocking on the door.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sorry that you have had old wounds reopened however you were found formally NG in relation to the previous charge. My belief is that the police will not reopen an investigation unless the complainant produces new evidence i.e. additional to what was available previously.

Polygraph/lie detector evidence is not admissible for the purposes of prosecuting a trial so the result of this will not be a factor.

Hopefully if she does consult a lawyer he will give her appropriate advice but I would suggest having any paperwork relating to the previous NG verdict handy just in case she goes directly to the police and for some reason they don't link to the previous inquiry before knocking on the door.
      Thank you so much for your reply!

I’ve been going out of my mind with worry. I have changed my life around and started to really better myself and now I’m looking at this.

I am hoping that any solicitor she sees will explain that she wouldn’t get anywhere. I just needed clarification that nothing was going to open up again as she cannot add anything that wasn’t already said in the previous case.

I expected social services knocking on my door and taking my daughter away and everything!

Comment

Hello... and welcome... although I am sorry you find yourself here..... just checking, but we had better make sure which country you are in?

I will try and check this with PAFAA's legal advisor but my understanding is that a NG case cannot be reopened, unlike a NFA. - This is known as double jeopardy - you cannot be tried for the same crime twice and this was a principal of the law for centuries.

The rules were changed for serious crimes but I have no idea what the criteria might be.

My feeling is that you have little to worry about unless she tries to bring a civil case against you.

This does highlight the value of ALWAYS keeping paperwork at the back of a drawer just in case.
        Last edited by Peter1975; 17 July 2018, 08:26 PM.
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
          Hello... and welcome... although I am sorry you find yourself here..... just checking, but we had better make sure which country you are in?

I will try and check this with PAFAA's legal advisor but my understanding is that a NG case cannot be reopened, unlike a NFA. - This is known as double jeopardy - you cannot be tried for the same crime twice and this was a principal of the law for centuries.

The rules were changed for serious crimes but I have no idea what the criteria might be.

My feeling is that you have little to worry about unless she tries to bring a civil case against you.

This does highlight the value of ALWAYS keeping paperwork at the back of a drawer just in case.

Hi, thank you

I am in the UK. I appreciate any information. Mulling it over and over in my head wishing it would all go away!

Comment

It probably will go away.

The fact that she has mentioned a polygraph suggests she has simply been watching too much Jeremy Kyle and this is an idle threat.

Please come back to us ( and definitely seek proper legal advice ) should you hear any more but I would suggest trying to put this to the back of your mind and concentrating on the future and looking after your baby girl for now.

The UK has at least 3 different and quite distinct legal systems btw... England and Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
            Last edited by Peter1975; 17 July 2018, 10:03 PM.
            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

yeah police not interested in polygraphs i offered to take one they replied "we dont do that " My case was a false rape case over 5 years ago ending in NFA. What you should do is keep a timeline of your life and when the texts come. Its obviously an Ex with mental health issues acting through rage and jealousy either using the childrens phones or coercing the children themselves. Obviously linked to a pregnancy or child being born. Very Borderline Personality Disorder trait. Revenge of percieved abandonment.

Comment

The CPS offering no evidence sounds fishy to me too. wonder if the mother had made these claims before against someone else maybe the childrens father. Borderlines do compartmentalise relationships keeping people away from each other who might jeopardise there lies ! So she may say bad things to one about the other and vice versa after a while you dislike /hate each other without ever meeting.
                Last edited by IRB777; 22 July 2018, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X