Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I reclaim costs

Hi

I am just wondering can I reclaim cost that were not covered by legal aid. I visited by solicitor 3 times to speak about the case which cost me about £400. I was wondering can I reclaim this money? I suspect not but google search does not seem to know.

Cheers
    Pond31

Not in England, Wales or Scotland, that's for sure. Ireland might be different but I'm not sure.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hey,

I tried to reclaim costs through the crown court, but apparently it is down to the judges decision.
      the explanation I got was "as a defendant your excepted to go to court" so the answer your question, no.

im pretty sure the "victim" and the witnesses can claim expenses from hotels, train tickets and parking fines!

I dont think this is far at all, as I no longer live in the city the expense for the trial was nearly £1000.

Jon

Comment

Working...
      X