Falsely accused of 'assisting' in rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of 'assisting' in rape

I've been accused of being implicit in a rape. I've done nothing wrong. I've been held in custody for a long time and came out a few days ago. I feel mentally broken. I've been caught up in a web of lies. We were let out whilst the investigation continues without bail and essentially as 'free' men.

Myself and friends went out and my friend 'pulled' a girl. When we got back to my friends house they went straight upstairs whilst me and my other friend stayed downstairs. They had sex (I assume) - I heard them when I went upstairs to get something from another bedroom.

Fast forward to the next day and she has accused him of raping her and somehow me and my otherfriend were arrested on suspcioun to conspire/assist (I don't know the wording) of rape. I don't know what she said or how we could possibly be involved.

At the moment we're obviously waiting for new but this could be a long process and I'm broken already. I know I've done nothing wrong and there's no evidence to point towards that but when I read stories of people being falsely prosecuted it makes me think what IF.

Stupidly, I took the interview without first consulting my solicitior (I did speak to them after). I felt like I had nothing to hide so therefore I told them my version of events.

I just don't know how to go forward with my life with this hanging on my shoulders - I can only imagine what the guy is going through that was accused of an actual rape :/

Originally posted by PalaciosDoe View Post
    I don't know what she said or how we could possibly be involved.
    Hello and welcome to the forum, though of course sorry you needed to find us...

The crux is in your above comment: if the girl lied about being raped it is impossible to know what else she might have said. Almost certainly the police would have asked her if she cried out for help during the alleged rape and we have no idea what her reply was to this?

To cover all eventualities the police have arrested you 'just in case' and also to facilitate DNA sampling. Do bear in mind that none of your DNA will be found on the girl so any suggestion you 'assisted' in the rape will go nowhere.

All you can do is wait until a decision is made in the case of your friend; if you have a look through the threads on this forum you will see an awful lot of very similar situations (he said/she said deemed consent or not) and the majority end up with a NFA.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hello and welcome to the forum, though of course sorry you needed to find us...

The crux is in your above comment: if the girl lied about being raped it is impossible to know what else she might have said. Almost certainly the police would have asked her if she cried out for help during the alleged rape and we have no idea what her reply was to this?

To cover all eventualities the police have arrested you 'just in case' and also to facilitate DNA sampling. Do bear in mind that none of your DNA will be found on the girl so any suggestion you 'assisted' in the rape will go nowhere.

All you can do is wait until a decision is made in the case of your friend; if you have a look through the threads on this forum you will see an awful lot of very similar situations (he said/she said deemed consent or not) and the majority end up with a NFA.
      Apparently she is claiming we
      'Encouraged/goaded' despite the fact they went straight upstairs in a room and closed the door. I never entered the room at any point although I went upstairs and heard moaning coming from the room. No sound of any kind of struggle. As I said to the police I would of interfered if I ever thought something dodgy was going on. Anyway there's a lot more to the story and I don't way to say too much but I'm just seriously anxious with all this. I can't help but fear the worse being in this position. I just hope the truth comes out ://

Comment

The justice system is exceedingly slow in these sort of cases simply because there is so much doubt but forum members, both past and present, will attest that justice does eventually get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          The justice system is exceedingly slow in these sort of cases simply because there is so much doubt but forum members, both past and present, will attest that justice does eventually get done.
          Thanks for the positive words. Feeling extremeley low at the moment and I have uni work to get done which I'm struggling to concentrate on!

This has truly put me off drinking and going out forever. They have my phone and can see I was texting and ringing my girlfriend all night so I hope that helps in the sense it'll show I wasn't elaborating some kind of plan to do such an awful act. Ah this is so stressful!!

To be clear I was arrested on suspicious of aiding and abetting of rape (not sure on the wording). Not sure how or why but I heard my other friend say that she claimed that we was in the room at the time which is completley untrue. This is what I'm worried about. All they have to do is believe her word over ours and we could be put away, I just don't understand why this is happening to me
          Last edited by PalaciosDoe; 24 April 2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PalaciosDoe View Post
            All they have to do is believe her word over ours and we could be put away,
            If the worst comes to the worst* and you are charged and brought to court, 'they' will not be the police who have a vested interest in guilt and convictions, but a jury of random citizens who will observe your demeanor in court and listen to your explanation of the night's events and then reach a conclusion.

*I am being deliberately pessimistic as we always say 'prepare for the worst but hope for the best'. In keeping with this theme many
            members will suggest writing down a timeline of that evening's events whilst the details are fresh in your mind just in case it is needed later.

Comment

Working...
            X