2am musings - Cressida Dick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2am musings - Cressida Dick

I was having some 2am musings (sleep just isn't happening at the moment). A change needs to happen, and I really want to find a way to help make the change.

Cressida Dick has said that the police shouldn't just automatically believe the accuser. I'd like to see this as a positive step, although understandably I'm very cynical of the police. However, I'm not sure she's really aware of the true extent of the problem. So what about if everyone who has suffered due to a FA (people at every stage of the process - on endless bail, case sent to the CPS, court case, prison, appeal, sentence served) wrote to her and explained their case (no gory details!). Maybe she'll just ignore every single letter, or maybe she'll start to take notice of the real scale of the problem.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws. Maybe it's a silly idea. As I say, it's just random sleep-deprived musings from someone who wants to see a difference for all the families who have had their lives forever changed by lies or untruths.

We all have the 2am musings so don't be concerned. Mine are usually 3am and alcohol fuelled musings so it could be worse. The problem is the police say one thing and do another. They say they investigate impartially be we all know that it is lies, so writing to them will make no difference. How can they be impartial when they work hand in hand with the CPS and the metric they use is "Conviction Rate". There needs to be a root and branch cultural change in the police to make them remember that their job is NOT to seek convictions but to Uphold the Law and Maintain Justice. The police don't care about how you effected by the case no matter what point you are at. To them you are guilty until proven guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
      We all have the 2am musings so don't be concerned. Mine are usually 3am and alcohol fuelled musings so it could be worse. The problem is the police say one thing and do another. They say they investigate impartially be we all know that it is lies, so writing to them will make no difference. How can they be impartial when they work hand in hand with the CPS and the metric they use is "Conviction Rate". There needs to be a root and branch cultural change in the police to make them remember that their job is NOT to seek convictions but to Uphold the Law and Maintain Justice. The police don't care about how you effected by the case no matter what point you are at. To them you are guilty until proven guilty.
      How to we start the change? When your loved one tells you about yet another person they met who is innocent, and the toll of ruined lives just keeps getting bigger and bigger. The accusers don't ever seem to see that it's not just one person stuck in prison, it's whole families with their hearts breaking every day.

I want to do something. I need to do something. Not just for us, but for everyone who is suffering, and everyone who is yet to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by veryangry View Post
        How to we start the change? When your loved one tells you about yet another person they met who is innocent, and the toll of ruined lives just keeps getting bigger and bigger. The accusers don't ever seem to see that it's not just one person stuck in prison, it's whole families with their hearts breaking every day.

I want to do something. I need to do something. Not just for us, but for everyone who is suffering, and everyone who is yet to suffer.
        We change things by involving politicians, getting the law changed so investigations are more balanced and not fading away once cases are NFA etc. I have lots of plans of what I am doing after my cases end. I shall not go quietly into the night.

Comment

For all the Falsely Accused

Do not go gentle into that good night
          Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
          Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
          Because their words had forked no lightning they
          Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
          Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
          And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
          Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
          Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Comment

Nearly 100 years old but still relevant

Fight for liberty. 2am musings but only 10:30pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

Comment

Working...
            X