Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need solicitor advice immediately please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need solicitor advice immediately please!

Dear All,

I have a brother in law who is 18 years old with downs syndrome/special needs. Yesterday Wednesday he was falsely accused of raping another boy also with special needs at his school for children with special needs that they both attend.

He and my mother in law (his carer) were taken into the Police station yesterday, where he has 2 lengthy interviews and DNA samples appear to have been taken from him. He is now out apparently on bail? and is at home with his mother. A solicitor was not present. Something appears to have happened to the other boy involved but I cannot believe anything has occurred due to my brother in law, because the other boy is much larger and that after repeated questioning from all corners my brother knows nothing about this.

I am currently working overseas and cannot be there to help, but am trying to remain level headed within the family and offer practical support to my mother in law who is obviously very very upset.

Please please can someone provide details of a solicitor near the Colchester / Essex area that my mother in law can speak to urgently. I think if the Police are being so formal, my upset mother in law needs someone who can talk to someone who can act on her behalf.

Please help, and many thanks for any assistance, I have also e-mailed this to FASO. Please respond asap.

Concerned123

Dear Concerned

I'm very sorry to hear this,

I'm sure those far better equiped than me will advise you on a solicitor.

How in God's name did he get interviewed by police without a solicitor present, him clearly being a vulnerable adult.

That is disgusting!

Being Down's, the very little I know is that they are incredibly trusting and often niave, easily lead, probably the mistake would have been made that police are honest and to be trusted!

However, my opinion on corrupt police dishonesty is a matter of record.

I wish you & your family well.

Keep posting

UD

Comment

Good answer UD. Your brother in law should have immediately been given an appropriate adult during the interview. He should have been offered a solicitor - there should be a form for him to sign to confirm that he was offered a solicitor and declined. If there is no form signed by him then the police are already in breach of police interview guidelines.

I will PM you further details
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I am appalled to hear this. I can't believe your brother in law was interviewed without a solicitor present, especially as he is clearly a vulnerable person. If he wasn't offered a solicitor, the police are as RF says, in serious breach of procedure, and this could lead to the ccase being dropped. However, please do get him a good solicitor, who will be able to advise you further.
        I wish you and your family all the best.

Comment

Working...
        X