Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Red Flag System on medical/social reports?dbs checking etc

Hi everyone,

So since my hubby was arrested for historic(30 years ago)" Alleged" sexual abuse claims, and is bailed living at the family home ,a red flag(which highlights safeguarding issues) has appeared on our property,(i don't mean literally!),but on all medical social reports dbs etc

We would have been none the wiser. If it was not until my son who is a teacher and still living with us was informed by his manager about the appearance of this flag, as he needed to ensure it was not my son that was implicated

I agree the system is a good idea, for children on the" at risk register," however we have not been informed that my youngest teenager has been placed on this we have also had no social work input.

Considering my hubby has no previous convictions, I think it is resonant of a system that assumes guilty until proved innocent.

So please people if you are in similar circumstance clarify with your solicitor. You will also need to apply through your solicitor should you be found NFA innocent as these flags are not automatically lifted..

Thank you for this very useful information, silver. It's important that people learn of this stuff, because, shamefully, no-one in authority tell you.

I'd suggest that it's important that everyone pays attention to this and deals with it as appropriate. While it's especially important for those who come into contact with children and vulnerable people, no-one deserves to have this kind of thing against their name without justification. I understand the need for people to be protected, but this 'just in case' stuff goes too far, especially when alerts are not removed when matters are resolved.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Echoing what FWW said, this is such 'useful information' that I will copy the post over into that section so it doesn't eventually get lost off the bottom of the page.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I do not wish to course undue worry.

So I recently had an enhanced DBS check under same address,for job I applied for and that was fine, so this must only show up on the falsely/alleged accused DBS

Now recently(while under red flag) I had to get some advice from the hospital about my youngest sons acute eye problem, he was treated as day patient for 2 ongoing days. There were no social workers insight, none have got back to us and that was 2months ago.

However I would advise people to be aware that say for instance their child has some domestic accident, say for example:

falls of sofa face first(as young kids frequently do when playing)sustained injury rushed to hospital
        With a red flag attached to the notes this I think might prompt social workers into action.Because the types of injuries
        that might be sustained such as bruising to the front of body on face/forehead, arms could indicate abuse!( I only know this as I recently completed a basic safe guarding course and that is the current thinking at the moment.)
        Am no expert ,but just advise everyone to speak with solicitor.

Comment

Looking at it from another point of view: Falsely accused are the minority not the majority, we need to keep that in mind, and it is good to know that the authorities are keeping an eye out on various homes where they might be a chance that somebody is being hurt.

If it is not a big red flag on the front garden so nobody else knows it is there, then so be it. They have to do their job and to do it in this way seems to me to be a discreet way of doing it.

I also see it as some sort of safe-guarding for that address should there be any vigilante action.

If you think there is a negative try to turn it into a positive.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            Looking at it from another point of view: Falsely accused are the minority not the majority, we need to keep that in mind, and it is good to know that the authorities are keeping an eye out on various homes where they might be a chance that somebody is being hurt.

If it is not a big red flag on the front garden so nobody else knows it is there, then so be it. They have to do their job and to do it in this way seems to me to be a discreet way of doing it.

I also see it as some sort of safe-guarding for that address should there be any vigilante action.

If you think there is a negative try to turn it into a positive.
            Absolutely. What bothers me is that no-one says that it is there or how to remove it when it's outlived its usefulness. It's all very well for the authorities to say that a 'not guilty' verdict or NFA decision doesn't mean that the person concerned is innocent, but on that basis, everyone should have a red flag, just in case.

I think that there's a strong argument to say that those found not guilty or receiving NFA's are innocent in the eyes of the law, so should have everything 'against' them returned to 'normal' automatically. The court proceedings and NFA decision always remain for future reference, but it shouldn't be so hard to get red flags and arrest records that employers see wiped clean. There should be a mechanism for the police to say officially 'we didn't find this complaint credible'.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I seem to remember red flags on the screen at our GP's. Although I acknowledge RF's point of view as seeing this as a positive for the majority. I felt a very big negative when this was staring me in the face at an appointment many months after my partner's NG. I felt very embarrassed and felt that all staff who saw it would automatically jump to the wrong conclusions. The staff at our surgery have always treated us with utmost respect and kindness. However after the red flag alerts, I felt they were being 'nice' falsely when they really were thinking all kinds of things about our two children.

The surgery were more than happy to remove the flags once I brought it to their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                I seem to remember red flags on the screen at our GP's. Although I acknowledge RF's point of view as seeing this as a positive for the majority. I felt a very big negative when this was staring me in the face at an appointment many months after my partner's NG. I felt very embarrassed and felt that all staff who saw it would automatically jump to the wrong conclusions. The staff at our surgery have always treated us with utmost respect and kindness. However after the red flag alerts, I felt they were being 'nice' falsely when they really were thinking all kinds of things about our two children.
                The surgery were more than happy to remove the flags once I brought it to their attention.
                Hi can it get worse,

One cannot help but feel slightly paranoid, with any interaction school GPs surgery infact anyone that might see our red flag,
                even if its just an odd smile, or abrupt manner(even although they have a million phone calls to answer lol)
                Yes same as yourselves we too were a respected family, have professional jobs no previous convictions or ss input.
                and now goodness knows what they are thinking.
                Now am non to sure if its just a redflag,or one with note to state allegation etc
                I guess I would rather them think its because he has a mad mum, than read his dads alleged offence.

What annoys me with this its another guilty verdict until proved innocent.

Comment

Yes I fully agree with you.

I'm not certain now if I saw a red flag but I certainly saw some sort of alert in red.

I hate the 'not knowing' what conclusions they are jumping to. And felt as though I wanted to give a full explanation of the case so they would fully understand it is was a FA.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                    Yes I fully agree with you.

I'm not certain now if I saw a red flag but I certainly saw some sort of alert in red.

I hate the 'not knowing' what conclusions they are jumping to. And felt as though I wanted to give a full explanation of the case so they would fully understand it is was a FA.
                    The thing is I don't know what they actually know, that's what am trying to find out,i.e the receptionist might see red flag ok safe guarding issue, but does it state reason?

I think it would be very unfair, considering we have had no ss input and hubby has not been charged had no previous convictions, to suggest our 15 year old is now suddenly at risk. I know people might say oh its for the child's safety, but if there has been no individual risk assessment then to me there's no evidence of risk, it also breeches to some extant our own confidentiality!

Comment

Working...
                    X