No announcement yet.

Falsely accused of touching a woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont take your phone to the police station as they may take it off you and hold onto it.

We phoned our lawyer to come along, he sent someone in his team. No comment interview. Just stay composed and keep saying no comment. They might lie and they might say vile things to you. But just keep saying no comment.

My man was charged, processed (finger prints etc), kept overnight and then liberated the following day as no evidence ( as nothing happened!). We spoke to the lawyer afterwards and he said the case was thrown out as no evidence. That was over 3 years ago.

We didnt pay the lawyer anything. I cant remember if we had to fill out any paperwork or anything, but we definitely didnt pay (we both work)

Just be strong, say no comment, and be prepared to be there overnight and court the following day. But that is worse case scenario, that might not happen.

Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by Daveyjones View Post
      I have a good friend that is a copper. I run my own business and have told my wife everything so timing isn't to much of an issue. The no comment thing I think I will have to practice, any tips? I know I am not that confident as I don't know what the lady has said so am fighting in the dark. If it comes out as rape or internal I know I will probably be in tears as it's such a scary thought. I have a good friend that is a cop but am no way near ready for this.
      How long do interviews last? Am I allowed to take notes? Am I allowed to record it? What about answering a question with " I have been advised to say no comment and all questions will be answered no comment"?
      I am sure they wish threaten me with loss of job and loss of family and going to jail. Anything else they can threaten me with.
      Will they blatantly lie and say we have CCTV, phone evidence, witness? I have no idea.
      Essentially I reckon I am strong enough, a good coffee and a strong will. They can only break what is willing to be broken.......
      Plus I am a competitive little sod so will need to see it as me against them rather than an allegation. I can win that way.
      Remember this quote...

"I will say no comment just now but I want you to know that I am COMPLETELY innocent of all these accusations and will say no more timl my solicitor is here"

They will make it seem like a leisurely chat, and say you have nothinh to worry about.
      They will tell you that they will let you go soon.
      That is all lies.

They will try to corner you into admitting you touched the girl, even a KISS is classed as sexual assault!!!

They have asked you to go to the station coz they believe they have a case against you. Otherwise they wouldnt waste their time with you.

Nothing may come of it but I suspect you will spend a night in a cell and appear at court the next day.

I have a nightmare with it now going to a full investigation after 8 months, I hope your situation is better than mine.

Just remember you have done nothing wrong.

Comment

So have left 2 messages for the policeman to arrange a meeting for next week and meeting the lawyer the night before.
        Went to play sorts with a mate from the pub and he didn't say anything about gossip but that could be because it's so awkward.

I was looking and the sentencing guidelines and got scared if they believe her. I don't know because even in her version of events from the third party said she said no and I left. This is such a nightmare and really wish what I knew what she said so I could at least have a chance. One lie from a random girl and I'm in the worst position. Thinking I may go to prison and I have an Xmas holiday with the family abroad.

I'm so glad I found this forum. The wife doubts me which I can understand but it's such hard work to keep it together for her and the kids. she asked me to tell her anything that happens which I am doing but it leads to a big awkward evening.

Comment

So have left 2 messages for the policeman to arrange a meeting for next week and meeting the lawyer the night before.
          Went to play sorts with a mate from the pub and he didn't say anything about gossip but that could be because it's so awkward.

I was looking and the sentencing guidelines and got scared if they believe her. I don't know because even in her version of events from the third party said she said no and I left. This is such a nightmare and really wish what I knew what she said so I could at least have a chance. One lie from a random girl and I'm in the worst position. Thinking I may go to prison and I have an Xmas holiday with the family abroad.

I'm so glad I found this forum. The wife doubts me which I can understand but it's such hard work to keep it together for her and the kids. she asked me to tell her anything that happens which I am doing but it leads to a big awkward evening.
          Awright mate.

I think we all look at the worst case scenario so don't worry too much about it.

If you are innocent then you have nothing to worry about, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

In my case they have DNA evidence so they need to confirm that the woman did not consent, she did and I know full well that she did.

Unfortunately it's women like this who make the genuine cases either scared to come forward or make the genuine cases get thrown out of court and that's wrong.

Hopefully you'll solictor will put you right come your interview, and maybe you won't suffer the same fate as some of us on here have, just keep yourself busy.

Can I be cheeky n ask if the event is alleged to have happened when you were with your wife? You dont need to answer or you can PM me if you prefer it being private.

Mines happened whilst I am with my partner and I am terrified to tell her ALL the details...hence why I am asking.

Comment

Still with my wife. She wasn't there at the time as she isn't into the football at all. But told her in the morning that I had walked the girl home then went back to the pub and got a taxi. So when I got the message I just Tod her there and then. It's a massive strain on the relationship and she keeps asking why the women is saying it, and the wife thinks I must of done something to encourage it. I am racking my brains.

Sorry I don't know about telling your wife, I think that's a individual decision. my wife and I have always been open with each other, phones are shared so are laptops and we have access to each others everything so if I wasn't straight with her she would know in a second.

Comment

Daveyjones, perhaps if you can get your wife to browse on this forum a little she will begin to see how rampant these accusations are and how many ridiculous reasons there are for making them.
              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

So I went to the cops for my volunteer interview. Getting booked in was scary and was shaking the whole way through.
                Got read the charges and as instructed did a no comment interview. As the questions were being asked I got an idea of what her statement was. It was ridiculous. She said stuff that I did while in an area with CCTV. Now the cops must of looked at that and gone ok where is the touching.
                Suffice to say I was released without charge and it felt like the cop was actually apologetic, I know they can't say it but kinda got that feeling.

What an horrific few weeks on the lies of someone. I won't ever put myself in a position like that again and I feel sorry that it has come to it. I feel bad for society that this is where we are at. Anyway the reputation thing I was worried about has been fine. I'm sure there are a couple of people that believe the girl but the vast majority have come out in support since the CCTV has been known and the girl has not crossed my pass since.
                Thanks for answering questions earlier and the non judgemental views.
                To everyone going through it, I hope that it works out for you.

Comment

Hi Davey

Did they NFA you?

Comment

Thats great news davey.

Comment

I appreciate everyone is trying their best to help but you need to be very careful advising people.

My solicitor advised me to tell the police everything, which I did. The police knew I was telling the truth. I went into minute detail, and was frank with personal and potentially embarrassing facts about the event. My solicitor said it was the best interview he had ever seen and even made a point on the tape at the end that I had found out about the allegation less than 2 hours before the interview; which was not enough time to concoct such a detailed accurate consistent story.

My point is: Don't blindly go into an interview giving a no comment interview. 'No comment' interviews are right for some cases and not for others - listen to your solicitor.

If someone gives a 'mixed' interview (answers some questions and gives 'no comment' to others) this is considered highly suspicious and a 'win' for the police. So be careful and listen to your solicitor.

Comment

Great advice Shocked777! Well said!
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

From what I understand of the criminal justice system. A" no comment interview" is usually advised if you are unable to provide a concise account as to the situation you are questioned about. So if you can provide an accurate honest account then you should do so.

Comment

Hi guys. We don't have nfa in Scotland as a term. Solistor told me that was it now.
                            Thanks no comment was because we had a few drinks in our group and the CCTV backed me up. I just wish I knew why she did it.

The wife and me are all back on track. My mates in the pub are all welcoming now, she Leif and told veryone so am getting some funny looks but I can handle that. The people that matter know the truth and all the doubt in everyone's mind went away after the interview with the police and the CCTV.

Just why did she make it up. As everyone says no way will I ever put myself in a position like that again.

On a brighter note. Have a great Christmas

Comment

Hi guys. We don't have nfa in Scotland as a term. Solistor told me that was it now.
                              Is that the equivalent of England's NFA?
                              Can we dish out the dancing bananas????
                              YoH

Comment

So glad you are back on track worth your wife and friends, but sorry that you've had such a horrible experience all because you helped someone in distress. It's enough to put anyone off being kind or helpful, and it's awful that your kindness was abused in that way.

However, here are some celebratory bananas, and I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
                                X