Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report - Independent Review of Metropolitan Police Service's handling of non-recent sexual offence investigations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report - Independent Review of Metropolitan Police Service's handling of non-recent sexual offence investigations

Report out today regarding Operation Midland. This is very interesting reading - it recommends "victims" are now regarded as complainants up until conviction.
    Automatic belief that the victim is telling the truth is recommended to end. The report also questions the under-estimation of false reporting of FA's. It also recommends on anonymity, that suspects should be informed why they are re-bailed. It highlights that suspects receive no support and should, if accuser is found to be false or there is not enough evidence to proceed, and that the falsely accused should be treated as victims of crime.
    I have only skip read this....but I think it's very significant. Given me a little bit of hope. I hope it does you, too.

http://news.met.police.uk/documents/...igations-61510

sorry - forgot to add that this is the met, but I'd imagine other police services would follow also?

Comment

Haven't read the whole thing yet, just seen the BBC report.

WOW - this is what we've been hoping for. This has ramifications for all victims of FA not just historical child sex abuse. This is significant and hopefully will start to shed light on the real problem.

Comment

I've just read through this.

Let's hope that the MET accepts all the recommendations and they filter through to other sources. I seem to remember that the Chief Constable spoke some time ago about jettisoning the bias that comes when the complainant is believed without question, but nothing seems to have happened yet.

Perhaps there is a little light at the end of the tunnel.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I meant 'forces' not 'sources'.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

wow, that would be amazing...
            "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
            X